Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Typically, you can move your number if:

• It's an active mobile or landline number
  • We have service in that area
  • It's from a service provider in the same local calling area
  • Number Portability is available in that area 

Tips for moving to Public Mobile

• Keep it live. Don't cancel your current service before switching to us. Your phone number must be active in order to move it
  • Have it at hand. Have your phone, an invoice from your current service provider and if possible, your service agreement handy when you move your number. Just to be safe, you should review your existing service agreement to find out what charges might apply
  • Don't delegate. Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number

Click here for porting instructions.

683 REPLIES 683

selvia_foeng
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

I just registered to Public Mobile..

I have sent private message to the Mod this morning to port my number from my previous carrier...

However the Mod hasnt read my PM yet,

so my question is, how long do you guys usually wait until your message is read and replied?

Thanks

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

cranston
I'm still waiting for my # to complete the port. It has been 20 hours. Currently, my PM sim is active with a new number. My old carrier was Virgin. Is this normal?

nthn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Couldn't port my number using the web tool as I kept getting the error "You must be authorized to transfer this phone number" even though I checked the box.

Sent in an email requesting port with landline account and pin information. Have not received a reply and it's been 3 days now. Also sent a message on facebook and still no reply. I just want to know if the port request has been submitted.

allen

Hi @Saray_O@Lachlan_M

Can anyone help to complete the port?

Thanks

Rayl
Hi, @Saray_O
I sended you private message with the info last night.

allen

Hi @Saray_O,

I need some help to complete porting.

After inserting the activated PM SIM card, I got an SMS about porting failed.  

When calling out, it seems working.

When going to the voice mail, looks like it is still on my previous provider

When calling in, it always go to voice mail.

Mind me send u a private msg? 

Thanks

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Rayl

Fongo numbers usually take longer to port because the system identifies them as a wireline number. If after a few days she still has no service, could you or your sister send us a private message with this info?

- Fongo phone number

- Public Mobile SIM card number

Thank you 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rayl
I help my sister port the phone number from fongo yesterday, it show port done. The account show the number last night, but not able to make call and no data. Today the account go back to the old number.
Don't know what's wrong.

tankmon354

Will do. Thank you @Rockdaddy22 and @srlawren

Rockdaddy22
Contact @Shazia_K now with
PM Sim card #:
Number to port:
Account number with the previous provider:

srgallan

Ported over yesterday afternoon and seem to be working great so far.  Thanks PM.

srlawren
@tankmon354 oh then yes, as @Rockdaddy22 said, please contact a moderator for assistance

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

tankmon354

@srlawren No I have not received a single text about the port at all. And I have restarted the phone several times already.

srlawren
@tankmon354 have you rebooted after getting the text that your port has completed?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Rockdaddy22
Ok definitely pm a mod

tankmon354

When I tried calling my ported number it would go straight to voicemail box.

Rockdaddy22
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

What number shows up on call display when you call another phone, what happens when you call your ported number

tankmon354

It works when I call and text, because I created a new number before I did the transfer request for my old number from Koodo.

Should I just pm one of the mods with my info?

Rockdaddy22
What happens when you try and make a call or text

tankmon354

On my phone it says the following:

Service State - In service

Cellular network state - Disconnected

But at the top of my phone it definitely shows a signal and it shows public mobile.

Rockdaddy22
What happens when you put the PM SIM in your phone?

tankmon354

Hi,

I am trying to transfer from my Koodo account. I had just activated my SIM yesterday with a new number before i initiated the transfer. I got an error initially, but hten no error or even a message with "complete" was shown when I clicked submit on the transfer request.

Not sure what to do next.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @conner

We spoke on Twitter earlier, please look out for the confirmation text in the next few days 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

srgallan

Hi @Saray_O, do we need to contact an Admin directly?  I sent it via email through contact us yesterday morning with the necessary details.

ptckng
@Saray_O thanks for the help, my port is successful!

conner
@Saray_O is there any way you could do the same for my port? It's been stuck for nearly a week.

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi there @ptckng

I'm sorry you were having issues. For Koodo Prepaid accounts it's necessary to contact one of us to complete the port 🙂

I just talked to our team and they were able to complete the port. Could you reboot your phone so it recognizes the change? 

Thank you! 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

kayceedee

Need Help? Let's chat.