Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Typically, you can move your number if:

• It's an active mobile or landline number
  • We have service in that area
  • It's from a service provider in the same local calling area
  • Number Portability is available in that area 

Tips for moving to Public Mobile

• Keep it live. Don't cancel your current service before switching to us. Your phone number must be active in order to move it
  • Have it at hand. Have your phone, an invoice from your current service provider and if possible, your service agreement handy when you move your number. Just to be safe, you should review your existing service agreement to find out what charges might apply
  • Don't delegate. Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number

Click here for porting instructions.

683 REPLIES 683

pmak
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the info!  I was planning on only reactivating my PM account if i'm able to port over my number from Rogers as I am now considering switching to PM on a full-time basis but only if I'm able to port over my number.  

If I can't do that without reactiviating my account first, from your knowledge, would you know if I would have any problems porting my number over from an active Rogers wireless number?

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @pmak

I'm sorry to hear about this, 

Your phone plan must be active in order for your number to port in, is it possible for you to make a payment to your account? 

Thanks, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

pmak

I'm interested in porting my number over from Rogers and went through the Change Number tab in the Self Serve portal to see if the number was eligible and got the following message:

"We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance."

Can you please assist?

Thanks.

*additional note: I currently have a Public Mobile account as I had set one up for the summer for usage.  It is currently "suspended" as i have not renewed my 90 day plan.  I have another active line with Rogers that I want to port over now.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kejongliu that's great news, welcome aboard 🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

kejongliu

You guys are awesome.  Yes, everything is good and I am Satisfied....  

Rockdaddy22
@kejongliu hopefully everything was resolved to your satisfaction.

dboxtvinfo
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Forget rogers. Let PM moderator do it for you.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @kejongliu

I can see that you had been interacting with @Saray_O.

Please send her a message and she will look into the status of your port.

Thank you,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

kejongliu

It has been a few days and my number porting from Fongo is still half way through. I still can only dial out and no incoming call...  What can I do?  

Rockdaddy22
Let's hope for the best 🙂

kejongliu

I sent Saray a message that I can dial out with the correct # on display, but cannot received a call.  Kind of like halfway through....Fingers cross!

srlawren

@Saray_O wrote:

Hi @kejongliu,

Thank you for your patience! I initiated your port yesterday night. I also sent you a private message 🙂 

@kejongliu it's important to note that porting form Fongo can take a few days.  For some reason, porting from a VoIP provider like Fongo takes much longer than porting from another wireless provider (Telus Mobility, Fido, Rogers, Wind, etc).  Please let us know once it's all up and running!  Or, if it's still not completed by tomorrow, maybe drop @Saray_O another note to ask her to follow up.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @kejongliu,

Thank you for your patience! I initiated your port yesterday night. I also sent you a private message 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
Ok, hopefully we can get solved tomorrow

kejongliu

Sarray asked me a couple question and then maybe she is off today.  Anyway, I will wait until tomorrow and hopefully everything is taken care of.  Thx for following this up with me..

Rockdaddy22
It's all good @srlawren 🙂

srlawren

@Rockdaddy22 that's my fault, sorry.  @kejongliu posted twice in a row on this thread, and I moved the 2nd post to a new thread (the one @Saray_O replied to).  I meant to move the first one and it's reply, but it's the first time I've done a posting move (my fello Oracles do it fairly regularly, oops!) so I messed it up.  Sorry for the confusion!

Rockdaddy22
Late night moderators, I love it 🙂 Thanks @Saray_O

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Rockdaddy22, thank you for tagging us! 

I already replied to @kejongliu on a different threat 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
Don't worry, we'll get a mod to take a look in the morning, they should be able to fix you up pretty quickly. One of them will make contact with you here in the morning.

@Shazia_K @Saray_O @Mary_M

kejongliu

I received my PM Sim. When trying to sign up with plan, I am stuck on the 2 step: Transfer my wireline Fongo #. I have entered my Fogon's account address and Fogo ID#, but the online page keeps saying: Sorry, we are unable to process this request. Please visit our online Community at publicmobile.ca/community for assistance.

My wife recently ported her Fongo # to Rogers without any problem.  Why your page is so hard to go through?  What can I do?

Kevin

Rockdaddy22
That's great, welcome to PM

Jack_lao

Thank you @Shazia_K for your fast response and the transfer is done. 

Have a greate day. 

Yang

Rockdaddy22
Awesome thanks @Shazia_K

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Jack_lao

Thank you for following @Rockdaddy22 suggestion by sending me a detailed private message. 

The port has been requested, please allow at least 30 minutes to 2 hours for the port to complete. You will receive a text message saying that the port has completed and then simply reboot your phone 🙂

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
Let's see what @Shazia_K can do for you, send her all info in a private message ASAP, or wait for her to contact you here.

Jack_lao

I just activate my PM SIM card last night. I need to transfer my phone number from Koodo as soon as possible. I send information in private message to Mary_K but I don't know how long it will take. Is there someone else can help me?

Rockdaddy22
Welcome to the PM family hopefully you'll love it here 🙂

koganiz

Thank you!

srlawren

Welcome to Public Mobile, @koganiz!

Need Help? Let's chat.