Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Typically, you can move your number if:

• It's an active mobile or landline number
  • We have service in that area
  • It's from a service provider in the same local calling area
  • Number Portability is available in that area 

Tips for moving to Public Mobile

• Keep it live. Don't cancel your current service before switching to us. Your phone number must be active in order to move it
  • Have it at hand. Have your phone, an invoice from your current service provider and if possible, your service agreement handy when you move your number. Just to be safe, you should review your existing service agreement to find out what charges might apply
  • Don't delegate. Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number

Click here for porting instructions.

683 REPLIES 683

Hello @koganiz

No need at all to call Wind.  They will send a final bill if required, or refund any credit owing in due process.  I did the same just over a month ago, and I'm loving it here on PublicMobile.

welcome to the community!

koganiz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just moved from Wind to PM, exelent expirience!

It took like 30 minutes including the forms filling, till I got the text saying the transfer is complete.

The reception is exceptional, my kitchen was almost always a dead zone for Wind, with PM no issues at all!

Do I need to call Wind now, to say them I have transfered the number?

Hello @ArisingPeace

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Yes, that's fine please don't fill out a second request. 

If you haven't had any other issues, the port should complete within 2 business days. 

Thanks,

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@Mary_M or @Shazia_K could you advise in this situation. I'm pretty sure it should be fine.

ArisingPeace

So I just put in a port request and for the alternate number I accidently put in the same number that I want to port.

Should I fill out the form again, or just let it slide?

I'm also porting a landline number, so I hope the process goes pretty smooth! Smiley Happy

Rockdaddy22
Great news @Mary_M thank you very much, should be another satisfied customer 🙂

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @Supras7

Welcome to Public Mobile!

Sorry to hear that your port request did not go through yet.

I have checked on it and concluded that it failed due to invalid information (wrong IMEI). Don't worry - I resubmitted with the Fido account # you provided Shazia with, and the port should be completed within 2 hours. Your Fido SIM will automatically get disconnected once it's complete.

Power cycle your phone and you should be good to go! 🙂

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Rockdaddy22
@Supras7 this should be an easy fix in the morning, just hold tight, welcome to the PM family 🙂

Kayfun101
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
He is right sorry for the miss information it took me 3 times to port try again and see if it works

srlawren

@Kayfun101 wrote:
Well for one its on the Rogers network so you need to call them directly they are kicking there feet on this please call and explain your situation to them so the port can be approved there gonna try to sell you stuff so keep your hard up ok and demand for it

@Supras7 I dont' advise you to call Fido/Rogers at this time. Sent your info to Shazia_K or Mary_M as I have suggested. They can determine the cause of the port failure, and resubmit for you.  In the meantime never ever call to manually cancel your old service--your Fido account will close on its own once the port successfully completes.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Kayfun101
I did from virgin right away like 1 minute before and just told them to cut the crap I am going eather way

Kayfun101
I mean head up lol sorry cellphone typo

srlawren

@Supras7 your port request must have failed.  Please send your PM phone number, your Fido phone number, your Fido account number, and the name on your Fido account exactly as it appears on your invoices, via private message to @Shazia_K or @Mary_M and they can resubmit your port request for you.  

@Kayfun101 did you get a call from your former provider?  I was with Telus, and all I got was a "Sorry to see you go" email, no phone call.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Kayfun101
Well for one its on the Rogers network so you need to call them directly they are kicking there feet on this please call and explain your situation to them so the port can be approved there gonna try to sell you stuff so keep your hard up ok and demand for it

Supras7
No call yet, and not really buried few posts up. But I went from fido mobile but I'm still connected to my fido

Kayfun101
What company is it with they should of called you and tried to keep your service already try to make you stay with them

@Supras7 You are buried in avery long thread. Better srervice if you begin new one for any future issue.

I have completely lost track whether this is a cell phone or landline transfer. Which is it?

You can claim the sim shipping costs once your account is activated. Follow the instructions here:                              Canada Post Strike                                                     ...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Supras7
Hey guys my old service provider still is connected after porting my phone been 2 days now. How long will it take till it's fully ported and my old provider is canceled?

Also will I get my $10 back for buying and activating my sim?

Rockdaddy22
That's great news @helloPM welcome to the PM family 🙂

helloPM
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes, @Rockdaddy22, thanks, everything is good now.

Mary was able to resolve my issue quite quickly so I was setup on PM and my old Rogers account got cancelled in time for month end.  Very happy to be a PM customer now.

Rockdaddy22
As long as your old phone works the port hasn't fully completed, so we'll get them to make sure everything's good in the morning. Like mentioned earlier, do NOT contact your previous provider, PM will take care of it. Welcome again 🙂

Supras7
I just turned off my old phone and now im receiving texts! Thanks

Rockdaddy22
Any update @helloPM hopefully everything's well.

Rockdaddy22
Should be an easy fix in the morning, welcome to the PM family 🤑

srlawren
@Supras7 yep, completely automatic.

Supras7
Thanks for quick reply, will Pm cancel my old providers service once fully switched over?

srlawren
Hi @Supras7, whatever you do, do NOT call your old provider to cancel. Your account had to be active and in good standing to port out your number, and closing it now may cause you to lose the number permanently.

I'm going to tag our Public Mobile community moderators @Shazia_K and @Mary_M, one of whom you can expect to reply by tomorrow morning to help complete your port.

Supras7
Hello I recently ported numbers and my old phone is still activated but receives texts and calls but I can text and make calls from my ported Pm phone but not receive them.

Do I have to call my old provider and Cancel my service to make my Pm fully functional?

Alternate phone number is a required field; it can be any active Canadian number. In theory, I think it may be used to confirm your id, or reach out to you.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

helloPM
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I did it again, following @srlawren instructions, and got further this time - was able to submit the wireless transfer request form.

I was able to supply all fields, though I was uncertain about what "Alternate Phone:" referred to.

But when I submit the request it says 'We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance.', so I have DM'ed to @Mary_M.

Thanks for the help.

Need Help? Let's chat.