Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Typically, you can move your number if:

• It's an active mobile or landline number
  • We have service in that area
  • It's from a service provider in the same local calling area
  • Number Portability is available in that area 

Tips for moving to Public Mobile

• Keep it live. Don't cancel your current service before switching to us. Your phone number must be active in order to move it
  • Have it at hand. Have your phone, an invoice from your current service provider and if possible, your service agreement handy when you move your number. Just to be safe, you should review your existing service agreement to find out what charges might apply
  • Don't delegate. Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number

Click here for porting instructions.

683 REPLIES 683

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@helloPM actually I think I ran into this trying to port a friend over from Telus a couple of days ago.

Start over, enter your phone number, and then make sure you check the "i am authorized to transfer this number" checkbox (the actual text may be slightly different but it's the checkbox right below the line where you enter the phone number.  Check this box before you click the button to check eligibility.  That seemed to have resolved it for my friend, as the second attempt worked.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @helloPM

Sorry to hear about this.

You need to add the name of the Rogers account in order to be able to port. If you are still having trouble,

can you send me the number as well as the Rogers account # by private message ?

Thanks,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Rockdaddy22
Just hold tight, she should be able to help you out rather quickly.

Rockdaddy22
@Mary_M could you please take a look at this?

helloPM
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Help!

I'm trying to port my Rogers # to my PM account, but I get the message "You must be authorized to transfer this phone number".

I'm really hoping I can get this done today as this is the last day of the cycle on my Rogers account.

It is a 416 number, so I wouldn't think there would be any problem.

Rockdaddy22
Any updates here? I hope everything's good 🙂

baijuthomasp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hi thanks for replying
How to send it in private? Is it okay to just reply to it and you can get it?

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @baijuthomasp

I'm sorry about this, 

Can you please send me all this info via private? this is a Public forum accessible to everyone. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

@baijuthomasp Delete all your personal info and await help from @Shazia_K. It may take an hour or two.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

baijuthomasp

hello,

I myself own 2 mobile number with public mobile

the second number which i have been using for the last 4 years has been accidently ported with  my land phone number which is  just now

i need to cancel the porting and regain my number which is  immediately and retain my land phone number 

it is urgent!!

please help

thank you

srlawren

@tedder1971 are you still having issues?  Can you please give us a brief update when you have a moment, so we know if you need more help?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@tedder1971 That behaviour is normal until the port completes. Cell phone numbers usually transfer in a few hours, landlines in several days. Which do you have and when did you initiate the transfer?

Try rebooting your phone now and then as well.

Do not cancel your Telus account; that will happen automatically once the port is complete.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Rockdaddy22
Please edit your number this is a public forum. You don't want to get unwanted calls. I'm sure @Mary_M could solve this for you in the morning when she gets in. Just hold tight.

tedder1971
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can't get my number to transfer over? It's a Telus payas you go phone still hooked up.. The number is ************

Roman

Hi Mary_M

It's all done. I did that by myself another day. Don't be worry about that anymore

Thanks

sorgau

Thank you.

Everything works.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @sorgau

The port has been completed, Please reboot your device; everything should be working fine!

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @sorgau

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

I did receive your private message and will respond shortly. Please keep an eye out for it 🙂

Mary

sorgau

Hi Mary_M

I sent you a PM message last night regarding porting issue.

I did try to it on my own but I'm getting "You must be authorized to transfer this number".

I did input correct account number and IMEI number.

Did you get a chance to look over the problem?

Thanks.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning,

I do apologize but Shazia is not in the office today. Would you briefly describe the issue? I can certainly look into it!

Thanks!

PBForMe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Go to your post, then click the options section in the top right, click edit and remove your personal information.

Then, go find @Shazia_K post, hover over her name, select send private message and send her your information or click her name in this post and send private message is on the top right of that page. 

Roman

How I can do that to make it private?

PBForMe

You'll want to edit out that personal information @Roman and send it via Private Message to the PM staff. 

Roman

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Roman

I'm sorry to see that you had difficulties with porting your number to us. 

I will be glad to assist you with this, can you please send me these info: 

- Public Mobile phone number

-Virgin phone number and account number. 

Thanks,

@JMCD, thank you for sharing your experience with us 🙂

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

JMCD

Just wanted to share my expierence coming from Fido Postpaid. I punched in all the required info on the port page and received an error. I had copy/pasted my account number from Fido into the field on the PM page. It didn't like the dashes in the account number, once I removed those it worked just fine. Port took about 20-30 minutes to complete.

Roman

Hi

I have some difficalty to port the number from Virgin mobile. Who can help me with that

Thank you

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@PBForMe,

Welcome to our awesome community 🙂

Cheers!

Shazia

Rockdaddy22
That's awesome to hear, welcome to the PM family 🙂

PBForMe

Just ported a number in and the process was smooth as silk.

The process, for those who are new or wondering:

• Turned off my old phone
  • Activated new account and port on PM's site follwing the instructions in this topic
  • Insert sim into my unlocked phone, immediately have service but number is not ported yet but usable 
  • In about an hour a got a SMS saying the port was complete, all is well.

Only two minor caveats

1. On other ports I was used to getting an SMS with a temproray number until the port completes, PM did not send one
  2. Data did not work, I had to manually add the APN settings which was no big deal

So far smooth sailing, thanks for all the informative posts everyone. Cheers. 

Need Help? Let's chat.