Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Typically, you can move your number if:

• It's an active mobile or landline number
  • We have service in that area
  • It's from a service provider in the same local calling area
  • Number Portability is available in that area 

Tips for moving to Public Mobile

• Keep it live. Don't cancel your current service before switching to us. Your phone number must be active in order to move it
  • Have it at hand. Have your phone, an invoice from your current service provider and if possible, your service agreement handy when you move your number. Just to be safe, you should review your existing service agreement to find out what charges might apply
  • Don't delegate. Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number

Click here for porting instructions.

683 REPLIES 683

dboxtvinfo
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

need verificatioon start on the email login-----and simon

LeonardDowney63
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having no luck , been trying this  for three days now.

@LeonardDowney63 wrote:

i need my number transfer pleas********

Are you already a customer? If you already have a Public Mobile account, you can request the phone number transfer from your self serve account.

LeonardDowney63

i need my number transfer pleas********

GR
Mayor / Maire

@x2013hyj  click on the question mark on the right hand side of the page and ask for help porting from pc mobile!. I believe for pc mobile it has to be the moderators that port it!  Keep going until you can click on the submit ticket button 

x2013hyj

I've been unable to port my number from PC mobile. When I enter the number I get a prompt which states that it has been unable to transfer the number entered.

Has anyone seen this issue before? If so, does anyone have a solution?

@MathieuHarbec wrote:

Hello,

Im in a bit of a situation. My Ex Business partner who handled our company phones has recently gone off the grid, meaning I cant access my account nor can i transfer over my number. 

What options do i have?

I need this number for several reasons, I have the device in hands with the Simcard however no solution as of yet.

Thanks

Who do the phone number belong to (your company, your ex-business -partner, you)?  f the phone number is under someone else's name, you'll need permission to transfer the phone number.  At the very least, you must have the account infromation tied to that phone number.

@MathieuHarbec wrote:

Hello,

Im in a bit of a situation. My Ex Business partner who handled our company phones has recently gone off the grid, meaning I cant access my account nor can i transfer over my number. 

What options do i have?

I need this number for several reasons, I have the device in hands with the Simcard however no solution as of yet.

Thanks

Who is the number with? Do you know the account number? Do you deal with a sales rep for that account?

MathieuHarbec

Hello,

What options do i have?

Thanks

jeremiah10
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey, you can trasfer your pre paid line from Fido to Public mobile. But unfortunatly you cannot trasnfer you credit from one company to another.

Sbrown917

We ported our phones over earlier this week and it was fast, less than 30 mins but then again we were on Telus.  Only regret is that we didn't move earlier 🙂

Welcome @SriS to public mobile with the promo!!

And now you can help others with their question!Smiley Happy

SriS

I switched from Rogers during the weekend. Encountered some minor glitches during porting:

• Was able to make calls from both Rogers and Public Mobile for a while.
  • Also able to send messages from both service providers with the same number.

However the stated issues were resolved after reboot.
Data started to work without any hussle.
Glad I'm able to stackup the current promotions.

• $25 referral credit - received
  •  $10 off for 6 months on $30+/mo plan
  • 500MB AutoPay bonus data on select 30-day 3G data plans

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mofo757 wrote:

@CS_Agent

hi i am jean francois hebert, i was one of the first mobile phone service and i had a priviledge membership plan that cost less than average and i thought public mobile was dead and when they closed the public mobile store, koodo took over and give me a plan that cost more and last month i had additional fees that i am supposed to be unlimited so koodo suck and if i would hd been well informed, i would have never switch from public mobile because i like that company and the hell with koodo, i dont like being with them nd they go no customer support anymore, at first i could call but not any more and online its only  robot there is no moderateur and i would like to get my original plan back with public mobile and be back as a member. so lets do this

Good luck. You left. They didn't leave you.

Never any harm in asking though of course.

mofo757

@CS_Agent

hi i am jean francois hebert, i was one of the first mobile phone service and i had a priviledge membership plan that cost less than average and i thought public mobile was dead and when they closed the public mobile store, koodo took over and give me a plan that cost more and last month i had additional fees that i am supposed to be unlimited so koodo suck and if i would hd been well informed, i would have never switch from public mobile because i like that company and the hell with koodo, i dont like being with them nd they go no customer support anymore, at first i could call but not any more and online its only  robot there is no moderateur and i would like to get my original plan back with public mobile and be back as a member. so lets do this

Burnsich

Thank you!  I managed to get it ported over a few hours after - I think there was just a glitch in either Telus or Public systems when I was initially trying, because I did the same thing later on and it worked perfectly. 🙂

evovo

Thank you for the instructions!

After 15 years with Roger's, I decided to make the switch.

I successfully ported from Roger's this morning.

It took around half an hour to complete the whole process and I received a text notification to confirm that everything was processed.

I'm excited to start saving more money! 🙂

@Burnsich It will be easier for you to post your question here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/getting_started

you will have more answers...

FlipFone

I'm coming from Telus ... and that 's message I get. Logging out changes nothing.

Burnsich

Also trying to port a number over to Public, getting "generic error" :

Oh no!
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue.

(logging out changes nothing, I get this error in a loop.)

FlipFone

I'm trying to port in my number, it should be a simple step, but I've tried using three different browsers and the page keeps choking. Is this intermittant or is the back end down?

Murco
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Manpreet   Welcome to PM!

Can you post your new question here with the link?..it will be easier for you to receive help.. @FlipFone

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/getting_started

FlipFone

I just signed up and it keeps asking me to log back in ...

Manpreet

I did transfer my number from freedom mobile to public Mobile and I am so happy 

bud21ca

Yes I sent a Private message earlier. Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bud21ca wrote:

Trying to transfer from Koodo Prepaid to Public Mobile. Sent message to Mods, is that the proper and only way to do it? @CS_Agent

Yes. But through private message not just tagging here.

bud21ca

Trying to transfer from Koodo Prepaid to Public Mobile. Sent message to Mods, is that the proper and only way to do it? @CS_Agent

Public Mobile has no physical locations with support.  you must wait for the response from the Moderator Team.

The retailers on sell SIM cards, and in the case of Walmart, force you most of the time to activate in store.  Other retailers let you only buy the sim alone, if you wish.  These retailers have limited access to support for activations, and zero access to support after activation.

As you’ve attempted the activation yourself, you’re doing the right thing by sending the message as you’ve already done.

chatr88

I have sent them a message, I still have not heard back. Is this normally how long they take? I havent been able to use my phone for a week. Why not just do it at their booth where I bought the sim. So frustrated. @CS_Agent

Need Help? Let's chat.