Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Typically, you can move your number if:

• It's an active mobile or landline number
  • We have service in that area
  • It's from a service provider in the same local calling area
  • Number Portability is available in that area 

Tips for moving to Public Mobile

• Keep it live. Don't cancel your current service before switching to us. Your phone number must be active in order to move it
  • Have it at hand. Have your phone, an invoice from your current service provider and if possible, your service agreement handy when you move your number. Just to be safe, you should review your existing service agreement to find out what charges might apply
  • Don't delegate. Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number

Click here for porting instructions.

683 REPLIES 683

chatr88
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

They are the worst at getting back. It takes forever 

eppler70

Glad it worked for you ...it didnt for me and I have been waiting for someone to assist me for 5 hours. I transferred last night and got this message

Oh no!
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the

login page so all in all it has charged my credit card but I have no line.

Nash1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m not sure where to make this suggestion, but it would have been helpful to know I would need my Telus Account # before I began the Activation process. I had everything else. That could be included in the Before You Get Started info on the Activation page. I had to leave the process to get that, and when I went back, I had to start all over again. Which then meant I had to wait the 50 minutes the SIM card # was being held for on my 1st attempt. Everything else was pretty seamless, though the APN issue threw me for awhile. However, I got through it (I’m quite proud of myself over that!) and all seems to be working very well. I’m delighted!

chatr88

Thank you 🙂 

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous wrote:

@chatr88 wrote:

I would like to transfer my Koodo prepaid number to my temporary Public Moblie number. Please assist. Thanks in advance.  

Koodo prepaid ports require moderator assistance. Something about sharing some internal systems. Not Koodo post-paid though.

Send ONE (1) private message to them here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification delays.
Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or, in addition, either of these to get to 3: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.
And of course your question/problem.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET). But it could be up to a couple days.
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Get back here and see a red blob over the little envelope in the upper right of your screen and click on it to see the message.

@chatr88

Follow the directions that @Anonymous previously posted for you....

chatr88

@chatr88 wrote:

I would like to transfer my Koodo prepaid number to my temporary Public Moblie number. Please assist. Thanks in advance.  

Can anyone help with this please? 

Kimclen

@saverdan  You need to ensure your phone is unlocked before you can activate your phone with PM.  You can either do this on the Bell Mobility site or call them and they will direct you how.  Once you do this and have your account setup with PM you should be able to put your PM SIM in your phone and then wait no more then a few hours and your phone should work.

Kimclen

@GBS I have a friend who ported their number a few days ago from Bell Mobility and it took approx 30 mins, by on average they say about 1.5hours-2hours

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chatr88 wrote:

Koodo prepaid ports require moderator assistance. Something about sharing some internal systems. Not Koodo post-paid though.

Send ONE (1) private message to them here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification delays.
Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or, in addition, either of these to get to 3: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.
And of course your question/problem.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET). But it could be up to a couple days.
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Get back here and see a red blob over the little envelope in the upper right of your screen and click on it to see the message.

chatr88

saverdan

@Dunkgirl, Thank you! I will await a response from the @CS_Agent

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@saverdan wrote:

I have realized that with talking with Bell, I submitted the wrong account # to PM for the port. 

Is there anyway I can resubmit a port request. 

I have tried switching my number to a generic number in self serve, but it states "failed".

When I attempt to "re-port" my number, it is not eligible, I am assuming that it is because the port is stuck in limbo.

Thanks for the help

@saverdanI have read only the first port can be done by the customer, the second request must be done by a moderator. Send a private message to the public mobile moderator team. Click this to message them.  They will reply with a unique link to a secure online form where you will need to verify your identity as the account owner. After you’ve provided the verification please reply to the existing private message thread with the moderator. Read more about it here [ Learn about contacting our support team ]

saverdan

I have realized that with talking with Bell, I submitted the wrong account # to PM for the port. 

Is there anyway I can resubmit a port request. 

I have tried switching my number to a generic number in self serve, but it states "failed".

When I attempt to "re-port" my number, it is not eligible, I am assuming that it is because the port is stuck in limbo.

Thanks for the help

saverdan

Thank you @Rockdaddy22, I did yesterday, but have not received a response as of yet.

As I am new, how long does it usually take to get a response from the mods?

Thanks

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I would send a private message to @CS_Agent as soon as possible. Looks like you might have a failed port. 

saverdan

Good Afternoon,    I completed a port from Bell today, but have been unable to send or receive text messages, as well, unable to receive phone calls.  Phone calls are still seem to be routed through the bell account.  I have contacted bell and they stated that the number is still active with them.  How long is the timeframe for this to be figured out?

Thanks!

srlawren

@Anonymous wrote:

@srlawren don't the rules require them to release the number if all of the requiremed information (name, account number,  etc) are provided?   What if port request is done at 11pm on Dec. 24, and they ( Bell) would only be able to contact customer two days later?  Can they block the port that long?  

@Anonymous great questions.... I'm not totally sure about all that, just going by what I've seen in the community previously.  I doubt they can delay it indefinitely, but long enough to try to reach out.  Hopefully someone else can shed more clarity here.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren don't the rules require them to release the number if all of the required information (name, account number,  etc) are provided?   What if port request is done at 11pm on Dec. 24, and they ( Bell) would only be able to contact customer two days later?  Can they block the port that long?  

srlawren

@Anonymous wrote:

@GBS, A port from Bell Mobility should be a couple of hours (max) if everything was properly entered.

@Anonymous not necessarily.  In theory yes, but... Bell often wait to approve the port request until they've had a chance to call and talk to the subscriber and try to convince them to stay.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GBS, A port from Bell Mobility should be a couple of hours (max) if everything was properly entered.

GBS

How long to Port from Bell Mobility?

srlawren

@GDrooz wrote:

Thanks for replying so promply.

I guess i am too impatient, No i am not porting a prepaid number but rather a plan number.

Cheers

@GDrooz I'm assuming by "plan number" you mean your account at Koodo is post-paid rather than pre-paid.  If that's the case, you can do the port yourself, from your self-serve account.  Look for the change number feature, and the first thing it will ask is if you want a new number or want to transfer one from another provider.  Choose the latter.

GDrooz

Thanks for replying so promply.

I guess i am too impatient, No i am not porting a prepaid number but rather a plan number.

Cheers

popping

@GDrooz wrote:

Hi there,

i am trying to port from koodo to PM, how did you get in touch with the Moderator?

I send private messages already to Mod_Team but no reply.

Tell me how did you do it?

Moderator wait is 48 - 72 hours.

Are you porting a Koodo prepaid to PM?

If yes, you need to wait for moderator because the Koodo prepaid and PM are sharing the same backend.  

GDrooz

Hi there,

i am trying to port from koodo to PM, how did you get in touch with the Moderator?

I send private messages already to Mod_Team but no reply.

Tell me how did you do it?

SkimGuy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

With some help from a mod, I was able to fully complete the transfer. I have full functionality with texts and calls. Thank you so much for all the help!

srlawren

@Rex1983 wrote:

@yaowolao did you power cycle your phone?  If it’s a iPhone try resetting your network settings by going to Settings>general>reset

what happens when you try and call the number you ported over?

@Rex1983 the issue is that you can't port your own number from a pre-paid Koodo account into Public Mobile, because PM shares back-end systemw ith pre-paid Koodo accounts.  These types of ports require moderator assistance, and no amount of rebooting or network resetting will help unfortunately.

Rex1983

@yaowolao did you power cycle your phone?  If it’s a iPhone try resetting your network settings by going to Settings>general>reset

what happens when you try and call the number you ported over?

Rex1983

@yaowolao I was told usually 24-72 hours but there has been a delay

yaowolao

I have the issue to port the koodo prepaid. And I sent the private message to Mod team last Sunday. Anyone know how long will the Mod team will reply the message.

Need Help? Let's chat.