cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Transferring your number to Public Mobile

@SkimGuy wrote:

Hi, I activated an account a couple of days ago and was looking to port in my number from Speakout. I was just wondering if anyone has done so recently and if so, what was the required information?

From what I read:

1. Account number: Should just be your speakout phone number?

2. Pin: I will have to call for this

3. IMEI: Is this your current IMEI of the phone you're using, or the IMEI registered to your speakout account at the time of purchase? I changed phones since then so they wouldn't match, and I don't know the registered IMEI on speakout so I'd have to call for that as well.

Just wanted to be prepared before I gave them a call. Any help would be appreciated and hope it can help out anyone else who is looking to port from Speakout! Looking forward to using the new service!

I'm sure I've posted this in this thread before as well...

a) SpeakOut does NOT have account numbers. While they use the phone number for internal reference, using the phone number as account number in the porting form can screw up the porting process.

b) Call SpeakOut customer service to get and confirm the information you need to put into the port request (IMEI and PIN)

c) Make sure that your SpeakOut account is active and still has some funds in it when you are placing your port request. To play it safe I wouldn't leave the port to the last day.

d) Use your SpeakOut SIM until it stops working. You should also get a text on your Public Mobile SIM when the port is successfully completed. If it's been more than 4 hours / overnight, you likely have a stuck be port and need moderator assistance.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks... Just an update, The PM sim is now showing my Speakout number, I can send and receive texts from my speakout number, but I cannot receive phone calls. I can call others and listen to them, but not receive (it goes straight to voicemail). Is this usual behaviour or should I just wait a bit?

Oracle

@SkimGuy wrote:

Thanks... Just an update, The PM sim is now showing my Speakout number, I can send and receive texts from my speakout number, but I cannot receive phone calls. I can call others and listen to them, but not receive (it goes straight to voicemail). Is this usual behaviour or should I just wait a bit?

PM have done the first part of the pooring process.  You are waiting Speakout to release your number to PM.  It will take a few hours to couple of days.  At the mean time, your can continue to use your SO SIM card until it is dead.  Then, start using your PM SIM.

Mayor / Maire

@SkimGuy wrote:

As @popping mentioned that is the first part of the porting process. use the SpeakOut SIM until it stops working. If you are using the Public Mobile SIM, reboot your phone occasionally.

Since it's a cell to cell port I would say contact the moderators if it hasn't sorted itself out after 4hours. Moderator reply time can be up to 48 hours.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the issue to port the koodo prepaid. And I sent the private message to Mod team last Sunday. Anyone know how long will the Mod team will reply the message.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@yaowolao I was told usually 24-72 hours but there has been a delay

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@yaowolao did you power cycle your phone?  If it’s a iPhone try resetting your network settings by going to Settings>general>reset

what happens when you try and call the number you ported over?

Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Rex1983 wrote:

@yaowolao did you power cycle your phone?  If it’s a iPhone try resetting your network settings by going to Settings>general>reset

what happens when you try and call the number you ported over?

@Rex1983 the issue is that you can't port your own number from a pre-paid Koodo account into Public Mobile, because PM shares back-end systemw ith pre-paid Koodo accounts.  These types of ports require moderator assistance, and no amount of rebooting or network resetting will help unfortunately.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

With some help from a mod, I was able to fully complete the transfer. I have full functionality with texts and calls. Thank you so much for all the help!

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

i am trying to port from koodo to PM, how did you get in touch with the Moderator?

I send private messages already to Mod_Team but no reply.

Tell me how did you do it?

Need Help? Let's chat.