Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Typically, you can move your number if:

• It's an active mobile or landline number
  • We have service in that area
  • It's from a service provider in the same local calling area
  • Number Portability is available in that area 

Tips for moving to Public Mobile

• Keep it live. Don't cancel your current service before switching to us. Your phone number must be active in order to move it
  • Have it at hand. Have your phone, an invoice from your current service provider and if possible, your service agreement handy when you move your number. Just to be safe, you should review your existing service agreement to find out what charges might apply
  • Don't delegate. Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number

Click here for porting instructions.

683 REPLIES 683

Jennkenn17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I transferred both my husband and son’s phone numbers over from Freedom last week.

if you filled out the correct info (account number works best) then porting your number should have only taken a few hours.  

They could not receive calls during that period.  One the port was complete, they each received a text from PM stating it was complete.

So if it’s taking longer than a few hours I suspect you have an issue only a moderator can help you with.

@dianapazmino07 wrote:

Hi!

I'm trying to activate my transferring from freedom mobile. I received a message and I tryed but it's not working so I need your help.

I have data but I cannot receive or make calls. 

If you require more information let me know. 

Thank you,

Diana.

If you just tried to do this within the last couple of hours, not being able to receive calls is normal.  Calls will continue to go to your Freedom service until things are complete. 

However, not being able to make calls is not normal.  That should have started working right away.  Do you hear a pre-recorded error message when you try to make a phone call? 

There is a possiblity that your might be incompatbile with Public Mobile if your device doesn't have 850 or 1900MHz on the 3g technology.   In that scenario, it would still be possible to use data at Freedom as your phone does has a least one compatble LTE band.  I can't recall any device that Freedom ever sold that had LTE compatible with them but that did not also have 850/1900MHz 3g capability.

Either way, track down your Freedom Mobile account number.  That one piece of information will help greatly should the need arrise to contact the moderators.  Modearator_Team can help to resubmit another phone number portability request for you.

darkstar107
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@dianapazmino07 - Send a direct message to @CS_Agent with your name, phone number and SIM card number.  If the port got stuck then they are the only ones that would be able to assist.

dianapazmino07

Hi!

I'm trying to activate my transferring from freedom mobile. I received a message and I tryed but it's not working so I need your help.

I have data but I cannot receive or make calls. 

If you require more information let me know. 

Thank you,

Diana.

BevB

Yes no problem.  I don't know where to go on the site to let everyone know it is resolved issue. Thanks bev

parrotfive

I'm still waiting. Still no service for my SIM card. Opened a new thread of my case here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Port-in-failed-No-service-at-all-sinc...

Account issue has been resolved!

Sher39

I’m currently porting my number to public mobile. I will let you know if I have any questions. Did you get your number ported?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parrotfive, Moderators work until 7:30(Eastern) on week-ends.

parrotfive

Anyone who can fix this works during the weekend, or I should give up hope until Tuesday? My port- in number is still floating out there and I have no service on my SIM card.   @CS_Agent

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@syantixmanjah wrote:

transfer my Chat* number to PM as like direction, but until now my PM SIMCARD still NO SERVICE!

Please contact mods by following the instructions below.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

• Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get help with your account.
  • They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue (More details).

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top-up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9 am to 9 pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9 am to 7:30 pm [Toronto Time]
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on how many messages in the queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages. In fact, each message you send will put you all the way to the back of the line.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator

parrotfive

fellow PM citizien in the same boat... Wonder if there's a wider spread issue for porting yesterday, and not just mine.

@syantixmanjah wrote:

transfer my Chat* number to PM as like direction, but until now my PM SIMCARD still NO SERVICE!

@syantixmanjah I messaged the @CS_Agent and got an initial response asking to verify my account info, but still no service on my PM SIM card.

syantixmanjah

parrotfive

@parrotfive wrote:

I am experiencing issues with a port-in as well - after port in, SIM card has no service at all! No number, no texting, no data, no *611. Sent a message to @CS_Agent early this morning. I'm afraid it’s going to be Tuesday before someone’s in the office to look at it. 

Pleasant surprise that I got a reply to my PM during this long weekend! 

parrotfive

Old SIM (Freedom) not working anymore, as stated in another way in my original post. 

Network selected (auto or not) is Public Mobile with the PM SIM. 

PM hasn't assigned my ported-in number to my SIM even though it’s there in Self Serve. Currently still “not in service” when I call it.

SIM card has no number or service at all. 

jp2

@parrotfive wrote:

I am experiencing issues with a port-in as well - after port in, SIM card has no service at all! No number, no texting, no data, no *611. Sent a message to @CS_Agent early this morning. I'm afraid it’s going to be Tuesday before someone’s in the office to look at it. 

Is your old sim working?

Can you check what network is selected in your settings

Check that your sim is inserted correctly.

Mod response times can be long. Make sure you don't message them again because it will put all of your messages to the back of the line.

jp2

@lukey02 wrote:

@CS_Agent I have recently tried transferring my sister to PM and her Sasktel number wouldn’t transfer over and then when we tried again the SIM card acted like it has been already activated but it hasn’t. Please help! 

Thanks! 

Try waiting an hour before attempting activation again. Also try using Google Chrome incognito mode the website seems to work better. 

Is the sasktel sim still working? 

Have you sent a private message to the moderators? 

parrotfive

lukey02

@CS_Agent I have recently tried transferring my sister to PM and her Sasktel number wouldn’t transfer over and then when we tried again the SIM card acted like it has been already activated but it hasn’t. Please help! 

Thanks! 

BevB

Yes I did a couple of months ago and it took about 5 days but worked great.

Goodwin

I transfered my phone number from fido at walmart store on August 24th, just needed my fido account number, then after two minutes, good to go.

lukey02

@Dunkman Yes it is still active! I have already sent them a message. Just waiting now...

thanks

@lukey02

Interesting.  Then you might to contact moderator.  Include in your private message your Sask phone number, account number and account name, etc.  

BTW, Is the phone number/account active? It need to be active prior to porting.

lukey02

@Dunkman It won't even let me put in any of the carrier information. When I clicked on the phone number eligible if just said your phone number is not eligible and to try a new phone number or contact customer service. 

@lukey02

You should be able to port any phone number from any Canadian mobile company.  Need to put in the number to be ported, account number of original company and name of person on account.  IT will usually take up to 2-4 hours.  If the phone number is not ported, you may need to contact moderator.  Do you get any signal?  able to call or text in or out?  

Here is instructions to contact moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

Recommendation:  do not send multiple message to moderators.  Each new message will put you further down the job list.  

Or just send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

lukey02

Hello Community! 

I am trying to transfer my sisters SaskTel number over to PM but it is not working. Has anyone tried it before? 

Thanks 

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tqtrinh wrote:

Just activated my sim card, tested calling/texting/data options and ported my number within the next hours and I can confirm that my porting succeeded with flying colors!

In no less than a few minutes my number was ported from Telus (paid plan) to Public Mobile, only had to restart my phone to have my number updated in the About section of my phone.

A satisfied customer, I'm glad I made the switch, I have no complaints so far!

I’m so happy to hear that 🙂

tqtrinh

Just activated my sim card, tested calling/texting/data options and ported my number within the next hours and I can confirm that my porting succeeded with flying colors!

In no less than a few minutes my number was ported from Telus (paid plan) to Public Mobile, only had to restart my phone to have my number updated in the About section of my phone.

A satisfied customer, I'm glad I made the switch, I have no complaints so far!

jp2

If you want to mark a topic as solved and someone's post was the solution for you. There is a grey button under the post that says "accept as solution" click that and it will mark the topic as resolved with a green check mark. You cannot do that in this topic because you didn't start this topic.

BevB

how do I report my issue is resolved.  i.e. porting my home number,  Bev

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tqtrinh wrote:

Hi there!

I'm new here, glad to be part of the community!

I just received my sim card and I'm about to activate it on the following days.

I read somewhere few days ago that it's best to activate and test everything out with a new number for a few days and then port the existing number. Is this still valid?

I have tried looking for this post but couldn't find it.

I'm from Telus and I have a monthly plan, I used to be prepaid years ago.

Thanks for the knowledge!

No need to wait days. Just make sure everything works and then port your number in self serve. I usually do it a couple minutes later. If you have any trouble with your port, send a private message to @CS_Agent immediately. 

Need Help? Let's chat.