cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring to PM with my current number from Fido

saveyou250
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone,

I am now with Fido (no contract). I am considering to transfer my number to PM, but have several questions. Please help me out.

1. Do I need to order a new SIM card with PM?

2. Do I have to notify Fido that I would like to terminate service with them? Or when my number transfer succesfully, Fido will stop billing me?

3. If I need a new SIM card, I prefer to buy one in-store, such as Walmart but will active  it online by myself due to current promotion plan. However, I was told that lots of reps won't sell SIM card alone to you because they cannot earn the commission if you don't active it in-store. Is it true?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@slash407 the ppster specifically said they did not want to activate at a store. They wanted the promos available by online activation. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@saveyou250 wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am now with Fido (no contract). I am considering to transfer my number to PM, but have several questions. Please help me out.

1. Do I need to order a new SIM card with PM?

2. Do I have to notify Fido that I would like to terminate service with them? Or when my number transfer succesfully, Fido will stop billing me?

3. If I need a new SIM card, I prefer to buy one in-store, such as Walmart but will active  it online by myself due to current promotion plan. However, I was told that lots of reps won't sell SIM card alone to you because they cannot earn the commission if you don't active it in-store. Is it true?

Thanks!

1.  Yes, you need a PM SIM card to activate a PM plan.

2.  No, don't tell Fido that you are going to cancel because you phone number need to a on an active plan before you can port your number out of Fido.

3.  Store like London Drug and The Mobile shop does not force people to activate at their store.  You can pay $10 and go home to activate online.  If you are PC Optimum collector, you can redeem 10k points to buy the SIM card.  I had purchased 5 PM SIM cards at the Mobile Shop redeeming points to pay for the PM SIM cards..

Need Help? Let's chat.