cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring phone number

Robynpoznikoff
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey,

i just opened this account, transferred my number from chatr but I can’t receive incoming calls? 

8 REPLIES 8

@Robynpoznikoff wrote:

Thanks!! It’s been close to 12 hours. Everything is works.. texts and data and out going calls. Just not incoming calls

When requesting port, please provide account number and your name registered with the old provider account. Did you provide your Chatr account number?

If you had incomplete info, the port will fail.

You will need to send a private message to The Moderator_Team to finish the port.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Robynpoznikoff wrote:

Hey,

i just opened this account, transferred my number from chatr but I can’t receive incoming calls? 

Your old provider account needs to be active for the port to work.

There are 2 parts to porting your number over:

Step 1: Setup on Public Mobile side has been done. PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out and send texts.

Step 2. Now you are waiting for your old provider to release your number to PM. Until your old provider releases your number, all incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.

Robynpoznikoff

I did that hours ago lol

@RobynpoznikoffAlso try power cycling your phone.

Robynpoznikoff

Thank you!

@RobynpoznikoffIf it persists I would suggest dropping a line to the Moderators.

Robynpoznikoff

Thanks!! It’s been close to 12 hours. Everything is works.. texts and data and out going calls. Just not incoming calls

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@RobynpoznikoffIt usually take a few hours.. keep using your old SIM card (or better put it ins a spare phone).. once the port is complete you will get a message similiar to this:

IMG_0001.PNG

Need Help? Let's chat.