cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring old number from Shaw landline

sandygordon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I've setup my account with a new number, and now I'm trying to port over my Shaw landline number.  When I fill out the form I get errors like 'Account Number doesn't match Old Service Provider records', but there's no field in the form for account number, etc.  What is the trick to getting a landline ported over?  Thanks,

Sandy

10 REPLIES 10

sandygordon

Done.  Thanks for the link.

-SG

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sandygordon I just confirmed I get the same screen as you see when I enter a landline number into the "Check Eligibility" box (versus a different screen when I enter a wireless number).  I think it's a bug in the form, since the account number is definitely required to complete a port.

The easiest way to get in touch with the Moderators is to use this link to send them a private message!

sandygordon

Okay, thanks for your help.  I'm still new here.  Do I just put @CS_Agent in the message and they will respond?  Thanks again...

Sandy

@sandygordon Ahh, that's a wireline number. I didn't know it would ask for different information. Best thing to do is to reach out to the moderator team and they will get this done for you from their end. 

sandygordon

Hi,

For some reason, when I enter my number I'm getting a different form:

scrshot.png

Any ideas how I can get the correct form to appear?

Sandy

@sandygordon wrote:

Hi,

I've activated and I'm porting from my account.

Sandy

When you go to change number, it asks you to input the number you want to port. Then the system checks to see if the number is eligible. Once the system reports back, it lets you enter account number. And it's the first field labeled as "Old Service Provider Account Number". 

123.png

sandygordon

Hi,

I've activated and I'm porting from my account.

Sandy

@sandygordon wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for helping.  I know what my Shaw account number is.  There is no field in the online form to request porting that asks me to enter my account number.  I've tried putting the account number in the 'Additional Notes' field but that didn't make a difference.

Sandy

Yes, there is a field to provide your account number. Are you porting in from your self-serve account?

sandygordon

Hi,

Thanks for helping.  I know what my Shaw account number is.  There is no field in the online form to request porting that asks me to enter my account number.  I've tried putting the account number in the 'Additional Notes' field but that didn't make a difference.

Sandy

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Ask shaw what is your account number, or take a look at your statement.

Sometimes the account number is your phone number.

You did the right thing by using new number to setup account and transfer after the public mobile service is working. Smiley Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.