cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring number to new account problem

brendao250
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there.

I am trying to set up a new account and when I get to the section to trasnfer my number from telus I keep receving an error. The number is able to be transferred but it asks for an alternate number and no matter which contact number i enter it keep saying: Alternate Phone Number Regex Help. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@brendao250 wrote:

Hi there.

I am trying to set up a new account and when I get to the section to trasnfer my number from telus I keep receving an error. The number is able to be transferred but it asks for an alternate number and no matter which contact number i enter it keep saying: Alternate Phone Number Regex Help. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks.

It is a common suggestion here to activate with a new number first to make sure the service meets your needs before transferring over your Telus number.

Also when you encounter any strange error messages, its good practice to clear your browser cache and retry with incognito mode.

@brendao250 wrote:

Hi there.

Thanks.

I would try first setting up the account with a new Public Mobile phone number. Then, after everything has been set up, go to selfserve.publicmobile.ca and perform a phone number change. From there, try the number porting again.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Wait an hour and resubmit with your browser in incognito mode. Is your telus account still operational or are you stuck midport? If you are, Contact a moderator and explain your situation. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen . This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one.

@brendao250 wrote:

Hi there.

Thanks.

Need Help? Let's chat.