cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring number does not work

mixdali
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to transfer an old telus cell phone number to public mobile and no luck. Is there a life person to talk to who can help?

11 REPLIES 11

@mixdali wrote:

I actually bought PM sim card and I am activating it by choosing the optiion - transfer phone no. The form I fill in is never happy with the info I give, and, honestly, I do not have all of the info, like old service provider equipment serial number since it is my personal phone not locked provider phone. I cannot go pass that steo while activating the sim card.

You only need to supply one of account number, IMEI, PIN.  The most fool proof option is to supply the account number and leave the IMEI and PIN fields blank. 

Note that if you have made a port submission and it failed, subsequent submissions require moderator team assistance.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

All you should need is the Telus Account  Number (on your bill), your Telus phone number.  DO not fill in any more information as you only need to select 1 of them (The account number is best)

Turn on the I'm Authorized tick box first.  Make sure you are authorized if you are not the main account holder.

Ok. Here's an idea that others have recommended. Choose a new number. Get your account set up and working, then port your number after everything is working.

How long before your other number renews ie cost is more $$?

mixdali

I am at step "transfer phone no"...that's it. I cannot pass it.

mixdali

I actually bought PM sim card and I am activating it by choosing the optiion - transfer phone no. The form I fill in is never happy with the info I give, and, honestly, I do not have all of the info, like old service provider equipment serial number since it is my personal phone not locked provider phone. I cannot go pass that steo while activating the sim card.

mixdali

yep still active.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mixdali wrote:

I am trying to transfer an old telus cell phone number to public mobile and no luck. Is there a life person to talk to who can help?

If you got a number from PM during activation and you can call in/out, text in/out and use data, you can port your number from Telus as follows.

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should send a private message to moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.  

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mixdali  What you mean by "old telus number".  The only way to port a number is if the account is current and active - that phone number is eligible for porting. If it's an old number or a number from an account that is closed, it is not possible to port it. 

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@mixdali Hi you say an old telus number is it still active? if not then you will not be able to transfer, it is probably in use by someone else

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@mixdali how far did you get? Did you activate your sim? Do you see Public Mobile at the top of your screen?

Can you receive a text?

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Pm has no call centre. It's part of how they provide a lower priced option.

You can ask your questions here and if we can't solve it, you can message a PM moderator.

Contact @Moderator_Team
It can take up to 48 hours for the team to respond to your concerns.

About @Moderator_Team

Need Help? Let's chat.