cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring my phone number

1kmmoore
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I am new to Public Mobile. I have sent a private message about transferring my phone number from PC Mobile to Public Mobile along with all my details, but have not heard anything back. I'm not sure how long things take or how things work around here. I haven't cancelled my PC yet , but am up and running with Public and I won't be getting any calls from anyone because of the phone number. Thanks, Kevin 

20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mehrdad wrote:

@Anonymous

I have contacted Mod yesterday morning. I have SIm at PB and it is activated. Just waiting for MOD if anybody wants to support a customer.

Mods can take several days to reply. It's terrible. But once you get going you don't really need support. It just works. Mostly. 🙂

It may not be a suitable service for some people and that's ok.

mehrdad

@Anonymous

I have contacted Mod yesterday morning. I have SIm at PB and it is activated. Just waiting for MOD if anybody wants to support a customer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mehrdad wrote:

I did no error. I am transferring my number from Koodo and it was written to choose a new number and then request to transfer my number to Public Mobile. My previous number is still working as nobody cares about my request and I need to pay at koodo and Public mobile, both!

If it was a pre-paid service at Koodo then you'll need to contact the mods here. Otherwise, yes, two services at the same time.

So you have a SIM and service set up here at Public Mobile (PM)?

mehrdad

I did no error. I am transferring my number from Koodo and it was written to choose a new number and then request to transfer my number to Public Mobile. My previous number is still working as nobody cares about my request and I need to pay at koodo and Public mobile, both!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mehrdad  usually best to start your own thread.

anyways, does your old sim still work? if so please use that. 

current mod reply time is 48+ hours.

why were you unable to initiate the port yourself? (you said you asked to trasfer)

If by" asked" you mean you did the change number in selfserve, most likley you have a failed port, these are usually due to input error. to get your port going you need your old account number and the name exatly as on the bill.  send that info to teh mods.  current wait time is 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mehrdad wrote:

I have asked to transfer my phone number yesterday morning (10 AM) but nothing hapened after more than 24 hours. This type of supporting system is so useless! 

Anyway, I have paid money yesterday but still I cant use it! 

Is your service showing as active?

You can only port a number from an active service.

mehrdad

I have asked to transfer my phone number yesterday morning (10 AM) but nothing hapened after more than 24 hours. This type of supporting system is so useless! 

Anyway, I have paid money yesterday but still I cant use it! 

@Bdevillena wrote:

Hello,

I have problems trying to Port a number over. 

My account was cancelled and I am unable to reactivate. 

Is there a way to activate my account?

I am currently on hold withb the other service provider.

Cheers,

Ben

Sorry, but there is no way to port a phone number over from a service that has already been cancelled.  You'll first need to have the old carrier reactivate service.

Bdevillena
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I have problems trying to Port a number over. 

My account was cancelled and I am unable to reactivate. 

Is there a way to activate my account?

I am currently on hold withb the other service provider.

Cheers,

Ben

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @zahra2,

We've responded to your private message. Please check your inbox.

Thank you,

Syed

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@zahra2 wrote:

my phone does not working 

Please tell us more by answering my questions so that I can help you?

Can you call in and out, text in and out?

If not, which is not working? in, out or nothing work

Can you browse internet?

If not, check the APM setting on your phone

What phone are you using?

zahra2

mu phone totaly does not working i do not know whats goin on with public mobile

zahra2

my phone does not working 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @1kmmoore,

thank you for taking the time to reach out to us !

This is confirmation that we have received your private message and we will get looking into it shortly. Please keep an eye on your inbox 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Jorno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

wrote:

Yes I did get a new PM number and it wouldn't let me port my number so I sent a private message to a moderator. They got back to me quickly and I responded back using my email, this was mid afternoon and didn't hear anything back from them.  An hour ago I logged into my account and I realized the message I sent didn't have my response to it. Can I only respond by logging into my acccount. Does responding by email not work. 

Welcome to Public Mobile, @1kmmoore.  I suspect the email you responded to had the subject "You have received a private message in the Community!" from Public Mobile Community (community-notifications@publicmobile.ca).  The content of the email was a reply from Moderator_Team.

Any email you receive from Public Mobile Community (community-notifications@publicmobile.ca) are notifications of either

a. responses to private messages

b. responses to topics in the community in which you participate

To reply to either, you must log in and reply from your community account.

I hope the above was clear and helpful.  If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask - the community is full of knowledgeable people.

@1kmmoore Instead of waiting for mods to reply, you can request to port/transfer your number yourself from your self-serve account. All you need to provide is your name, phone number and account number following by checking the authorized box. 

NOTE: If you are coming from PC Mobile prepaid, make sure you are not using the same email linked to PC Mobile on Public Mobile account. 

1kmmoore

I think emails don't work. I sent a reply thru my account by private message. I'm sure I'll hear tomorrow morning. Thanks for responding to me. Have a good night. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not 100% sure, but I don't think they would consider email as being secure.  They would have no way of confirming who actually sent the email.  With a private message, the only place the message comes from is your accoun in the community, that only you have the password for.  If they were waiting for you to send additional information, then i would recommend resending it via private message.  Hopefully they can handle it first thing in the morning.

1kmmoore

Yes I did get a new PM number and it wouldn't let me port my number so I sent a private message to a moderator. They got back to me quickly and I responded back using my email, this was mid afternoon and didn't hear anything back from them.  An hour ago I logged into my account and I realized the message I sent didn't have my response to it. Can I only respond by logging into my acccount. Does responding by email not work. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@1kmmoore, are you currently active with a new(temporary) Public mobile phone number?  When did you send the private message to the moderators team?  They work until 9pm Monday-Friday.  If you sent it early in the day, then you should have had a respnse by now.

That said, is there a reason why you didnt try to port the number yourself - either at activation time, or after your phone was running with a new/temp number?

Need Help? Let's chat.