cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring my number out of Public

Zarju
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I attempted to transfer my number out of public to Telus. It would not successfully transfer the number then my account from public mobile just got closed, the Telus rep spoke to the public mobile rep who said it was closed due to port out. They are asking for my account number again and I do not know how to find it. No mods have answered me

9 REPLIES 9

johnny5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

With any cell provider....once you port your number out, your account is closed.  I did this going from Public to Koodo.   Koodo wasn’t up to par compared to Public, so now I am back on Public.  

Telus would be the people that need to correct this if you have an active TELUS sim card

tbark
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Once it is ported out from PM, the account is closed and then it is an issue for Telus. They need to correct this.

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Zarju wrote:

No I set it up online and cannot sign in

You should have gotten an email too! 🙂

mikga
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Once the number is ported out and you will not be able to sign in again. Like my daughter she wouldn't be able to sign in PM account anymore.

mikga
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My daughter left PM and joined Koodo with same issue, old number couldn't be able to be ported for a day. She called below number and the porting team staff is very helpful and finally fixed the issue quickly. Perhaps you can try. 

Telus porting team **

@Zarju wrote:

The account number is also listed in the online activation e-mail message sent by Public Mobile.  It's in the top header beside where it says "to".

@Zarju

I am kinda confused from what the reps were telling you.  If you ported out of Public Mobile successfully, your account will be closed.  If you did not port out successfully, your public mobile should be active.  Have you been able to login in your self service account before?  Did you forget your password?  Technically speaking, if your account is closed, you won't be able to get into your self service account.  

You will likely need to private message a public mobile moderator:

send a private message through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code  (f known).  

If you do not have the PIN, please provide with 3 of the following matching up your account:

Date of Birth
Full address with Postal Code
Last top-up amount and the date
Email address 
Last 4 digits of Credit Card on file

Zarju
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Zarju

Not sure whether you can access your self service account.  The account number is located on the right upper corner.  If you signed up in store, the initial paper work that was given to you would also include your account number.  

Need Help? Let's chat.