cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring my number issues!

madisonr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I signed up with Public Mobile yesterday, they gave me a new number. But I wanted to transfer my old number but the person in store said: I couldn’t. I went home and learnt that I could transfer my number. I followed the steps and only added my personal PIN number and the old carrier. I called my old carrier and they said: The number should transfer completely when it is deactivated from our carrier tomorrow which is today now. I can send outgoing texts and calls but I can’t receive any texts and calls. And when I try and call my phone it says: This number is unavailable at the moment. Please try again later.

I am sorry I am just kinda frustrated and about to go back to the store.

7 REPLIES 7

@madisonr

See what the moderators say.... usually, you will need an active original account for the port to be done.  If it is a partial/incomplete port, not sure whether it matters whether your original phone is active.  Moderators may ask you to "activate" your old plan..... 

Expect about 72+ hour wait for moderator response though......  

tbark
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That definitely suggests you have a stuck port that only the moderator team can help you with.

madisonr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am transferring mobile to mobile. I have never had this issue before with transferring my number. Thing is that my other account is already deactivated because the prepaid payment was due today.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@madisonr, in the meantime, your old account should still be active, so you should be able to keep using the old SIM in your phone until it stops working.  That's when you know the number port has been completed.

tbark
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you were porting from a landline to mobile, it can take 3-5 business days for the other company to let the number go and complete the port. If it is from another mobile plan, it should not take more than 2-3 hours or like stated above, you may have a stuck port which requires a moderators help. Just don't close your other account until the port is complete.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@madisonr, it sounds like your port is stuck.  You will need moderator team assistance to resubmit the port.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.  Welcome to Public Mobile.

Zhuoyu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You can transfer your phone number online via self-serve. After you sending the application, it may take a few hours to complete it. If there is no data, yoi may check the APN settings.

Good luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.