cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring landline number to cell phone

margiepurdy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up for and activated my Public Mobile sim card yesterday.  I am transferring my landline phone number to my cell phone.  How long does this process take as I am still receiving calls on my landline and not my cell phone.  When I signed up I don't recall the form asking for my current service provider or account#, just the number I want to transfer.

3 REPLIES 3

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@margiepurdy wrote:

I signed up for and activated my Public Mobile sim card yesterday.  I am transferring my landline phone number to my cell phone.  How long does this process take as I am still receiving calls on my landline and not my cell phone.  When I signed up I don't recall the form asking for my current service provider or account#, just the number I want to transfer.

After submitting the phone number, the next screen will ask for the account number and the name on the account.  I don't think it will let you to move to next step if you did not supply more info.  If you want, your can create a support ticker using the ? button at the bottom right corner of this page.

As other already pointed out, porting a landline will take a few days to 1 week.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

When you transfer a landline number, the process can take up to 3 business days.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@margiepurdy  landline is usually 2 days unless its a VoIP then it can be up to 7 days . Can you log in to your new self serve account and check the phone number it shows on your account ?  It should be your landline number it shows 

Need Help? Let's chat.