cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring from a Speakout Account (Help)

duridevil
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello.

I just got called because my account with Speakout was expired. I needed to top up the account before I'd be able to get my number transferred over. I just topped it up the account is no longer expired. I was told to post here to get the process started.

Thank you. 

5 REPLIES 5

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@duridevil 

Read my post on how to post my Speakout number to PM in 4 hours without moderator assistant.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-number-from-Speakout-Apply-al...

Then, create a moderator support ticket to provide the info needed to moderator using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue (important)
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
7. After submitted a ticket, members should check their private message SENT folder for their ticket which they just created.
If you cannot find your ticket in your SENT box, You did not create your support ticket yet. Also monitor your INBOX for any reply from moderator.
Click the envelop icon at the top right corner to access your private message mailbox.

You can also enable email notification after receiving a private message at your INBOX.
My settings --> PREFERENCES --> Private Messenger --> enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages' --> Save

@duridevil dial *#06# to get your imei number.  Since you activatated with a temporary cell phone number 

You need moderator help to port your number.  Type "Port Request" and follow the prompts to get to one. Give them the name on the account,  phone number to port and the Imei number.  There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  Stay safe. 

Welcome to PM .

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

once you have a pm account and your speakout account number click on the questionmark o teh bottom of the screen and type port number.  then follow teh prompts.  that is the best way to contact moderators the only ppl who can access your account.

or click chat with simon on this link https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@duridevil You need to click the question mark at the bottom right and open a ticket with moderators. Type "port request" then select the I want a human option (or words to that effect).

Ooops. @geopublic beat me to it.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@duridevil  Ports from Speakout require your pin or your device's IMEI number since Speakout does not use account numbers.

Click on the ? Bottom of your screen. Type port request and provide the correct info from above and let them know that your SO is active so that PM can try the port again.

Need Help? Let's chat.