cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring from Fido

Don_Hall
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a public mobile sim card and my present Fido monthly plan renews on the 26th of each month.  Would you recommend I switch on the 25th to deactivate fido and bring my number over to public mobile?

6 REPLIES 6

Randy3

Full transfer took 30 minutes for me.

@Don_Hall

My port from Fido took about 1 hour.   

Just put in your Fido account number and Fido account holder name.  Don't need to put other information like IME, PIN, etc.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Don_Hall wrote:

How long is transfer to public mobile take 1 day ?

I've heard of ports taking from minutes to 3 or 4 days. Make sure you have all the *required* information and that you put it in right.

Don_Hall

How long is transfer to public mobile take 1 day ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Don_Hall, If your plan with FIDO is post paid, they should normally refund any unused portion of your monthly plan (that has been paid in advance).  If it is pre-paid, then you would lose the balance.  Note that the Fido account must remain active.  It will be cancelled/closed when the tranfer to PM is completed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Don_Hall wrote:

I have a public mobile sim card and my present Fido monthly plan renews on the 26th of each month.  Would you recommend I switch on the 25th to deactivate fido and bring my number over to public mobile?

That would be the best timing...to maximize the value of your money spent at Fido.

Need Help? Let's chat.