cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring from Chatr

jjodsouza
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Transferred from Chatr to PM online portal after getting the PM SIM card. On the online application, entered the 4 digit code for Chatr from where I ported my number. Does that mean my Chatr account is automatically cancelled? Or do I need to call Chatr.

7 REPLIES 7

@jjodsouza  Welcome to public mobile!

It seems like you've already have a handle on how the community works. You've chosen a solution and awarded it. You know how to bravo. Feel free to ask any question you might have. We're happy to help. Peruse the help articles. Search for answers by using the search bar. Read thru the different threads. Reply if you have something to say. Check out your account and everything you can access in there. Apply for the survey asking for feedback on your experience on the community...a new customers experience is valued as much if not more than and older member and you can get a free 1gb data add on if your chosen! Take note 1gb data add ons are for a limited time 50% off....something you might want to consider as they roll over every month til used up unlike your plan data that resets every month. If you just want to socialize and check out some non pm threads then head on down to the lounge. Enjoy and stay safe!

jjodsouza
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@jjodsouza wrote:

Transferred from Chatr to PM online portal after getting the PM SIM card. On the online application, entered the 4 digit code for Chatr from where I ported my number. Does that mean my Chatr account is automatically cancelled? Or do I need to call Chatr.

Your account with chatr will be cancelled immediately once your number has ported you do not have to contact them in any way. If your billing was prebilled you may receive credit from chatr for the extra you paid on your billing cycle. 

Public Mobiles instructions are below with new customers. 

As a new customer, we recommend porting a number at activation with the exception of Koodo Prepaid customers.
We have made some system enhancements to improve the success rate of this activity. So long as the correct information is entered, this process should be seamless
All other customers: To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jjodsouza wrote:

Did you call Chatr to get your Chatr account number ad Chatr online does not show your your account number?

To port a number to PM, you need to provider Chatr account number, name on the ccount and the number to be ported to PM.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Yes @jjodsouza once the port is complete, your chatr account will be automatically closed. Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Do not cancel your Chatr number; it MUST remain active to port-out. When the port-in finishes that account will be closed. 

a) Try your Chatr SIM; it should provide service until the transfer finishes.

b) Are you able to use cellular data, make calls and send texts with your PM SIM? If not, your account activation has failed.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jjodsouza wrote:

Porting your number from another provider is a two step process. When Chatr releases the number to Public Mobile then you will be able to receive calls using your PM sim and your Chatr account will automatically close.

You can continue to use your Chatr sim until it stops working once that happens the you can start using your PM sim. If the Chatr sim does not stop working after 4 hours than you might want to submit a ticket to PM to check the port status and make sure that all is good.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Need Help? Let's chat.