cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Phone Number to Public Mobile from PC Mobile

hockeymaniac12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you go to transfer your phone number through your account, and right away when you Check Eligibility you get an error, how often does it work to get your phone number? I have kept my PC Mobile account active, I have PM'd the mods, just waiting on a response. Is this a common issue, to not be able to port the number over yourself? Is there any hope of me getting my number back?

9 REPLIES 9

We are glad to hear it from you guys and All the pleasure is ours

-Amine

---
Enter our Ice Cream Day contest here by 12:00PM EST, February 11th for a chance to win one $50 eGift card for Dairy Queen!
No purchase necessary.
Read complete Contest Rules before entering.

hockeymaniac12

Thanks everyone for your help, we got it sorted and I have my old number back! For a network that says they don't provide much customer service, I am amazed at how easy that was. Everything that wasn't working was something on my end (I tried phoning in and talking to a person first, and went to the Community as a last resort - so dumb!!) and the mods are so nice and helpful! I am so happy with the service I have received 🙂

hockeymaniac12

I think it's also making things difficult because my old number is under my parent's account, so while I am now trying to use a different email, it's trying to pull the specific phone number out of that plan?? Who knows. Day Two, still staying positive. I reeaallyy like that old phone number haha.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sounds painful and I hope you get sorted! I went from Koodo postpaid to PM. I read on the forums that it was recommended to change the email address on the Koodo side before porting out to PM -- apparently w/ the same email, the "system" gets confused -- too much for its feeble brain I guess.

Good luck!

hockeymaniac12

Yes, it is PC Mobile postpaid. My billing shows up under Koodo, my service provider is Koodo, however it is still an active PC Mobile Account. This was incredibly difficult to figure out, and I ended up having to go into a PCMobile shop to activate because my account number is longer than a Koodo account number, and it's all confusing. But I'm almost there, a mod is looking into it right now! She's having trouble accessing the PC account though...

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just for my own curiosity/knowledge... this is PC Mobile postpaid?  I thought PC Mobile transitioned all their postpaid customers (already using the TELUS network) to Koodo back in October.  I admittedly didn't follow how this went.  I just didn't know you could still have an "active" PC Mobile postpaid account.

PC Mobile prepaid is on the Bell Mobility network, and still falls under the PC Mobile umbrella.  How's that for confusing consumers who wanted to transition from prepaid to postpaid, and not understanding why they'd have to change handsets, etc!

hockeymaniac12

Ah okay that actually makes a lot of sense. When I did the activation in store they said it should be super easy to switch over because they're all on the same network, I guess mods are probably overloaded with the holidays. And yeah, if my number is active still then I could see the back end problem. I will keep my hopes up, thank you!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@hockeymaniac12 wrote:

If you go to transfer your phone number through your account, and right away when you Check Eligibility you get an error, how often does it work to get your phone number? I have kept my PC Mobile account active, I have PM'd the mods, just waiting on a response. Is this a common issue, to not be able to port the number over yourself? Is there any hope of me getting my number back?

I think the issue here is that they will share the same prepaid back end and PM sees this number in their system as an existing number and you can't port PM numbers bwteen plans and MODS have always had to do ports from Koodo Prepaid so now we just at PC mobile to that as well.  You have done what you can and now must wait for the mods to reply.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hockeymaniac12 wrote:

@hockeymaniac12Very common with pre-paid service using the same network pc mobile / koodo is also the PM network. Just wait for the moderator response. As long as you do not cancel the PC Mobile account the moderator team will help you transfer the number to PM. Just give them time to respond and take care of it.

Need Help? Let's chat.