cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring From Telus

tstahl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I am transferring from Telus, however each time I try to import my phone number, the page times out. What do I need to do to keep my phone number?

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

tstahl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This worked, thank you!

selva1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I had a similar issue. My suggestion is also to try during off peak period. If it is not working, connect with moderator team and generally they are quick in responding to issues.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@tstahl wrote:

Hello,

I am transferring from Telus, however each time I try to import my phone number, the page times out. What do I need to do to keep my phone number?

Thank you.

@tstahl  Try it with Chrome using incognito mode. Since PM is owned by Telus the port should be quick to complete.

bravo_md
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Should they do it on their own or with the aid of a  MOD?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@tstahlI suggest you try it in evening / off peak hours. You usually get less chance of time outs.. as Public Mobile's system is rather limited.

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@tstahl 

Here is the knowledge article on porting:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Activate/ta-p/251824

Most ports require the original carrier account number, account holder name and phone number.  Generally, you will not need to contact Telus.  Once ported, your Telus account will automatically close.  

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tstahl You can first select a new number as temporary use. Then port your current number after. 

Need Help? Let's chat.