cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferred number rules?

andreale
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am using Freedom mobile from Toronto right now. Just moved to Montreal and I wanted to know about some rules of transferring number. Can I be transferred my actual number from Toronto to my new sim card?

11 REPLIES 11

@GR wrote:

@andreale to port you need 1 of 3 things, the account number, the pin number or the emei number of the phone. It works best with just the account number! 

Just to eliminate possible confusion for the OP, that would be the IMEI number..... Smiley Wink

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Download your bill on your phone, head over to Wal-Mart and ask them to do it. If it can't be done they will tell you

Dont forget the referral code

@andreale wrote:

I have tried some other mobile company and they are not possible to transfer it. So I need to know the exact information so I will do it instore

Some brands have regional pricing and so they don't allow numbers to be used outside of the normal home zone.  Public Mobile does not have such predatory pricing schemes and so you can use whatever Canadian number you want from anywhere in Canada.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is more info about transferring (porting) your phone number.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number

@andreale to port you need 1 of 3 things, the account number, the pin number or the emei number of the phone. It works best with just the account number! 

I had no problem transferring toronto freedom to public, i did that in Hamilton, on 

You can just go to the store, if it's not possible for some reason that will be step 3, before you pay, so you'll know for sure

And if that doesn't work you could try next time you are in Ontario, but i see really no reason why wouldn't it, only if you don't have complete information. Just take copy of your bill, maybe call freedom in advance to reset your account pin

GR
Mayor / Maire

@andreale  you need your freedom mobile account number, and your name as it appears on the statement. That should be it! Just go to a Walmart or London drugs or wow mobile shop and ask them to set you up!  Make sure your phone is compatible with public mobile also

andreale

I have tried some other mobile company and they are not possible to transfer it. So I need to know the exact information so I will do it instore

GR
Mayor / Maire

@andreale you should be able to port it!  Do you plan on doing the activation instore or just purchase a Sim and activate online? 

andreale

It is original freedom number

GR
Mayor / Maire

@andreale is it a freedom mobile original number or is it one you ported over to freedom? 

Need Help? Let's chat.