cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferred and number

krystlewilson88
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello Im brand new.  I just transferred my number last night.  I can make outgoing calls, any incoming calls say the number is disconnected.  I can not send or recieve text messages.  My data works.  

Ive powered the phone off and on.  Ive removed the SIM card and powered off and on.  Still nothing. 

12 REPLIES 12

@krystlewilson88 wrote:

My Eastlink account has been closed for 2 months.  Reactivating it is not an option.  Its not a used number as it states disconnected when I call it.  

Sorry, but this means that you have lost the phone number.   If you can't reactivate it, it cannot be transfered to Public Mobile.  Your only hope would be hope that Eastlink has not already assigned that phone number to a new customer and activate a new account with them and hope that they can re-assign your old number to you.  Then you can trying porting over again.

Otherwise, you will have no choice by to take a new phone number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krystlewilson88 wrote:

So how do I fix this?

I don't know if you can use the Change Your Number feature while in the middle of a transfer that should fail. Not long ago somebody had some trouble with things but it didn't seem definitive to me that they changed their number themselves.

I suppose you could try it. Pick a number from the pool here. And then get your Eastlink service sorted out and then come back and do the Change Your Number/Transfer at that time.

At least then you would likely have some service...just not your familiar number.

krystlewilson88

My Eastlink account has been closed for 2 months.  Reactivating it is not an option.  Its not a used number as it states disconnected when I call it.  

@krystlewilson88 wrote:

No it was not

At this point, you should attempt to reactivate the eastlink account to enable porting and attempt the port again.  Note that the system should have said the number was not eligible for porting when you tried to port it.  That is what the eligibility check is all about.  It is confirming the number is active with a different carrier brand. 

krystlewilson88

So how do I fix this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krystlewilson88 wrote:

No it was not

Ah. Transferring numbers *always* have to come from an active account.

krystlewilson88

No it was not

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krystlewilson88 wrote:

I choose the unlimited text and calling and 8gb data for $50

Was your Eastlink account active when you went about transferring it?

krystlewilson88

I choose the unlimited text and calling and 8gb data for $50

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krystlewilson88 wrote:

I transfered from Eastlink Wireless. 

Which plan did you get?

krystlewilson88

I transfered from Eastlink Wireless. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krystlewilson88 wrote:

Hello Im brand new.  I just transferred my number last night.  I can make outgoing calls, any incoming calls say the number is disconnected.  I can not send or recieve text messages.  My data works.  

Ive powered the phone off and on.  Ive removed the SIM card and powered off and on.  Still nothing. 

You made it 🙂

Who did you transfer from?

Some are pretty quick. Some can take days.

Need Help? Let's chat.