cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferred account

Patsybeals
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi team I transferred my account from Rogers last week under my acct number with Rogers I had two mobile numbers one is mine the other my daughter is using . The transfer for me worked well for my mobile number . When my daughter purchased a SIM card set it up was also debited for auto pay however gets an error message no sim? She found out after the fact only the authorized acct holder can transfer the phone number ? So what does she do now ? She is all setup with pubic mobile has made her payment however gets error message no sim ? Can her account setup be changed to my name ? I want to get this fixed asap ! Thank you her name is Jaimara beals setup her account on Sunday nov 24 same as me . Please advise how we can turn this into a great experience for her too ! 

6 REPLIES 6

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@popping wrote:

@Patsybeals 

To eliminate hardware issue, put her SIM card in your phone and your SIM card in her phone.  Report result.  Thanks

If her SIM card work on your phone, her SIM is working.

If your SIM card does not work on her phone, her phone is the problem.

If her SIM card does not work on your phone, her account may not setup correctly OR her SIM card is faulty.

popping

@Patsybeals 

To eliminate hardware issue, put her SIM card in your phone and your SIM card in her phone.  Report result.  Thanks

Melch
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

check to make sure the phone is unlocked from Rogers.  might just be that. 

Doesn't "No SIM" mean the phone is locked to Rogers? Was it an old phone of yours previously thus possibly old enough to have still been locked when new? Is it an iPhone or not? Should be quick and easy to get it unlocked.

AE_Collector

popping

@Patsybeals 

Login to her account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is her Rogers number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup her Rogers number for you to call out, send text and data.

Did she receive any text message from PM about success or transfer issue?

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Patsybeals i think she should start by clicking on the question mark on the right hand side of the page and asking for help from the moderators. It sounds like maybe the account wasn't provisioned properly. The port might be good, as long as she put the account holders name on the port request 

Need Help? Let's chat.