cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfered to Public Mobile, same number

Marcus-Patey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently  transferred, from bell mobility to public Mobile, & I can text, and call etc, but I cannot receive any phone calls, it goes to voicemail. Looking into it, I have got a text from bell for me to say yes or no for the transfer within 90 minutes, and i never replied within the time frame. I called Bell, and they said Public Mobile is required to send out a port to fix the problem! How do I go about this, if i cannot call to talk to someone? 

5 REPLIES 5

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Moderators should be able to help. If you try to port the bell number again to Public Mobile where you never said YES to the text from Bell within the 90 mins , it may work as long as you reply YES to the text this time. Worth a shot. Best of luck. 

@Marcus-Patey 

If you choose you can send a private message to the moderators instead. Put Moderator_team in the send bar. "Port failure/port protection message" in the subject bar and give a detailed message in your case you would include the following:

1. Full name and address on your pm account. 
  2. Email, phone # (as below) and pin#.
  3. Phone # to be ported, full name on that account and account#.

***Be prepared to reply to the port protection message from bell.

Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times. The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours up to 48 hours for non urgent issues. Wait times have been quicker than average the last couple of days. The majority of ports take mere minutes but can take up to 2 hours for mobile numbers.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

Mattredwingsfan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It usually takes a few hours for the port.  Try clicking on the question mark on the bottom right to submit a ticket.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Good Luck & Cheers

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Marcus-Patey wrote:

I recently  transferred, from bell mobility to public Mobile, & I can text, and call etc, but I cannot receive any phone calls, it goes to voicemail. Looking into it, I have got a text from bell for me to say yes or no for the transfer within 90 minutes, and i never replied within the time frame. I called Bell, and they said Public Mobile is required to send out a port to fix the problem! How do I go about this, if i cannot call to talk to someone? 

@Marcus-Patey Welcome to Public Mobile. Contact a moderator and use "Port Request" as a subject. You can contact the mods one of 2 ways. Click the question mark bottom right of the browser as shown in the picture and open a ticket through the automated ticketing system;

kevenv_2-1599233493879.png

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

Need Help? Let's chat.