cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Transfered the wrong phone number

I was trying to setup transfering my wifes phone number to Public Mobile (from Telus). Accidentally put in my phone number instead. How can I get my number back to Telus, and her number onto the SIM?

Mayor / Maire

Re: Transfered the wrong phone number

@Caswell 

If you did not enter all the right information (ie. account number, account holder name, phone number), the port probably won't go through.  Does your phone and number work or was it ported to your wife's phone?  

If it did port out, you will need help.  

Some people have had success contacting Telus porting team:  Call 1-877-868-3587

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Get-your-PORT-ISSUES-FIXED-BY-LIVE-AGENT-...

If they are unabe to help and you need to contact moderator.  

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator and follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

Highlighted

@Caswell wrote:

I was trying to setup transfering my wifes phone number to Public Mobile (from Telus). Accidentally put in my phone number instead. How can I get my number back to Telus, and her number onto the SIM?

You would have to start up a new account at Telus.  After doing that, port the number back to them, but you will be treated as a new customer there.

After you've your number back to the way you want things, your wife will need to purchase another new/unused Public Mobile sim card.  Another new Public Mobile account will need to be opened and then she can port her number in to Public.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Caswell wrote:

@Caswell  I think you should contact the moderators first. If you port your number back to telus it will close the public mobile account and you will lose any credit within. Moderators can advise you if they can help in  saving the service you have already paid for. You may want to wait until the 27th day of the plan and do it then....hopefully your phone number was not on a contract. Alternatively you could just stay with pm and save money and port your wife's number in (with your referral code) and you both save....or wait until black Friday to get a flash sale and save even more.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yikes that sucks. Try contacting public mobile to get that number off the sim then go to Telus and tell them what happened and bring the sim cards

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think you have 30 days to go back on your plan once you get off of it so that’s good news if your on a contract. They might charge you so tell them you want to go back on your plan right away 

@Kim1971kim wrote:

I think you have 30 days to go back on your plan once you get off of it so that’s good news if your on a contract. They might charge you so tell them you want to go back on your plan right away 

When a customer ports out, the old carrier is under no obligation to give you your old plan back. There is no 30 day period to change your mind without consequences. The old carrier may very well give the customer the old plan back, and sometimes, they will even offer to give an even better plan to ge the customer back, but they don't have to.  Porting back to the previous carrier is handled as a new activation.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Telus "returned" the number back with no real questions. Quick and easy.

Working with moderators to deal with getting the proper number setup.

Thank you for the suggestions.