cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer

LJPhys
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I cannot transfer my number from Xplore Mobile, there is no Xplore Mobile in Old Service Provider, has your process changed or updated since the beginning of this year? It is really not that great if someone only has limited time to do the transfer.

17 REPLIES 17

HI @dprquinn 

you can open ticket with CS agent for a manual porting using the method below:

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

start by typing : Contact CS Agent
then Click "Contact Us"
then Click "Other"
finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

dprquinn

Hello, I'm at step 5 (I'm an Xplore Mobile customer). I'm just wondering how I go about contacting the moderators? Any advice would be much appreciated.

@darlicious wrote:

@LJPhys 

1. Check if your number is portable to pm ( telus/koodo) at this link.....  

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

2. If no.... and you want to keep your phone number abandon your activation and have a think about this....if you didn't complete the activation the sim card can be re-used.

To confirm that your PM SIM is still usable start the activation and key in the SIM number if you get a green it is still valid. If you get an error message it was registered. 

1. If yes.... choose a temporary number and finish your activation. Do not throw away your old sim card because you still need it to complete the porting process.

And you need to make sure your old account is not cancelled and is valid for a week or so as this port may take longer to do. 

@LJPhys 

Here is the procedure for your situation and anyone else wanting to port in from a provider that is not listed in the drop down list/box. Preferably you do the first (#1) task before activation.

1. Check if your number is portable to pm ( telus/koodo) at this link.....  

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

2. If no.... and you want to keep your phone number abandon your activation and have a think about this....if you didn't complete the activation the sim card can be re-used.
  3. If yes.... choose a temporary number and finish your activation. Do not throw away your old sim card because you still need it to complete the porting process.
  4. Put your pm sim card in your phone and determine all of your services are working.
  5. When ready contact the moderators to initiate the porting process for you.
  6. Put your old sim back in your phone as soon as you are in contact with the moderators and and have supplied the full name on the account, phone # and account # to be ported.
  7. Reply YES to the porting authorization text within 90 minutes of recieving it.
  8. Put your pm sim card back in your phone and your port will complete from a few minutes up to 2 hours. Any longer indicates an issue and you should reply to the moderators.
  9. Your port completes when the old sim no longer works, your old account is cancelled and he pm sim card can recieve incoming calling.
  10. Welcome to public mobile.

PM might not have the full list of all the carriers on the activation page.. there are just many more poped up these days..

They do have there own numbers. I only checked the 1 out of 2 area codes. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 2.53.08 PM.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did a little reading and they do have their own thing going on in MB. They acquired a slice of the old MTS when Bell took it over.

But the problem is that they don't appear in the list of companies to port from. So they need moderator help.

@LJPhys wrote:

That's not what Xplore Mobile told me, they said they are completely independent, not a re-seller.

They may be an indiependent company, but there are only a handful of companies in Canada who are licensed to operate cellular networks, and sometimes, even independent companies pay for the right to use phone numbers assinged to another carrier if they don't have their own block of phone numbers.

@LJPhys wrote:

That's not what Xplore Mobile told me, they said they are completely independent, not a re-seller.

Are they being uncooperative??

Another check that you can do is...if your phone number was never ported before....check here and it will tell you who issued the number. 

@LJPhys   Yes, Xplore is not on the list.  You will have to pick a new PM number  and activate with that new number first.  

After the activation is completed , you will then open a ticket with mod to arrange porting.

Sorry about the extra steps, this is normal for resellers or smaller providers.

@LJPhys 

Are you in the process of activation? If so take a temporary number to activate and get your services up and running first then as suggested by @LurganIeUk contact the moderators to find out how you port in from xplore mobile.

I don't see it being an issue but  check if your phone number is indeed portable to pm (telus) by entering your phone number here.....

@LJPhys 

Then contact a MOD here and explain your issue. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You could get a PM # and maybe the MOD will handle your porting. Any ways...get asking. 😀

LJPhys

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LJPhys 

Make sure that you have the old sim card in your phone when you're porting your number. You should get a message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

if are you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

In order to transfer a phone number over to Public Mobile - you will need to activate an account with a temporary phone number and after that your contact customer service by Moderator Team, for the transfer your number to Public Mobile,

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

Good luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@LJPhys 

You need to contact a moderator to help you as noted by @LurganIeUk .

Remember to leave your old SIM in your phone and wait for a SMS text confirming you are porting over to PM. You have 90 minutes to respond to the text with YES that you are porting over to PM once the moderator have started the porting process.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Contact a MOD here.... https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

State your issue and they will help you out. 

They were probably reselling another carrier....you probably need the other carriers name. 

"As part of the Competition Board deal approved in Feburary 2017, the carrier will have access to the Bell MTS 4G LTE+ network for two years."

My guess is Bell. 

Need Help? Let's chat.