cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer

Resh20
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently changed my Bell number to Public mobile, it got activated but my bell sim is still working and showing next bill. Contacted them and they said they did not get a confirmation from Public mobile so they can't do anything. 2 bills! same number! WHAT TO DO?

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrKofica 

Make sure that you have the old SIM card in your phone when you're porting your number. You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

Eligibility Check if your existing number is eligible to move visit Here link 

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

MrKofica
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Bell is still using my number why????

@HALIMACS wrote:

IF you have complete services with Public Mobile on your ported number, then contact Bell to cancel your services with them to prevent on-going billing.

I would be very careful with this. I would check with the Public Mobile moderators to make absolutely sure that they confirm the port is completed. It is risky if Bell says they have not received a port request, and especially if the Bell SIM still works.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Resh20 wrote:

I recently changed my Bell number to Public mobile, it got activated but my bell sim is still working and showing next bill. Contacted them and they said they did not get a confirmation from Public mobile so they can't do anything. 2 bills! same number! WHAT TO DO?

IF you have complete services with Public Mobile on your ported number, then contact Bell to cancel your services with them to prevent on-going billing.

Make sure your not utilizing a temporary Public Mobile number.   Have someone else call your number to confirm which service rings.   Also sign into your Public Mobile self serve to confirm the phone number listed there IS the number you wish to port.

To confirm this click "Plan and Add-Ons" and it'll be the first listing under that.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Resh20 wrote:

Hi @Resh20 are you using your Public Mobile sim card?  Can you receive calls and send text?  If not, your port or transfer failed.  

I am sending you a private message with Telus number to call to be used only for porting problems.

In the meantime, continue using your Bell sim card until it stops working, which means that your port is complete and your Bell account is closed.

Best wishes

RosieR

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

For start, I'd try calling or texting your phone number to see where you get it, on your Bell or PM sim. If you still get on Bell, then follow what @Dunkman said. If you get on PM, then I'd go back to Bell and talk to them as they would have to know number is ported. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Resh20 

It looks like that your port was not completed. 

Here is the help article:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

You likely can't receive any texts/calls on your number with your Public mobile SIM card.  You should contact Telus porting team  at 1-x to complete the port. 

Need Help? Let's chat.