cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer unused data to next month

nahar02
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I am new to Public Mobile. I have a question, if I can transfer my unused data to next month.Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

@nahar02 

Although you can't transfer your plan data to the following 30 day cycle the great thing about public mobile is the flexibility to change plans for your next 30 day cycle.( Just be mindful if youre on a promotional plan you could lose some or all of its benefits if you change plans before the promotional period is over or if you are on a grandfathered plan you will not be able to return to that plan once you change it.)

Take the time to set your data tracker to your 30 day cycle. Enable your data saver, turn off WiFi assist ( if applicable), turn off all background data and set low data limits on your phone so you are aware of your usage and are forced to reset it during your cycle. This will also prevent accidently using your data up prematurely (or an errant app.) Monitor your data usage thru your self serve account as it will be more accurate than your phone. Learn how much data you actually use and how much you really need.

If you determine you have more plan data then you need or use consider downgrading your plan. Choose carefully .....if you think you can manage on a lower plan like the $30/2gb instead of the $40/5gb with only the occasional need for an extra 100mb or so then supplementing your plan data with the $15/1gb data add on  that does roll over each month will be worth the savings of $10 per month. But if you find you are using 500mb or more per month then your savings would be marginal if any....then staying on the $40/5gb plan and having lots of spare data makes more sense. If you do downgrade you can easily schedule a plan change on your next renewal.

Plan for your upcoming changes in life.... gong back to work full time and need to use your phone for work upgrade your plan. Taking a month long sabbatical at a monastery in the Himalayas ? Downgrade it to the $15 plan or suspend it for a month. Just need it for the occasional call while your at the cottage for the summer? Take the $15 plan and if you suddenly need to make a lot of calls supplement it with the $5/500 min add on which rolls over every month til used as well.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@nahar02 

Unused plan data cannot be rolled over to next 30 days cycle.

It is better to choose a plan which meets your 30 days usage requirement and use wifi as often as you can.

@nahar02 wrote:

Thanks, is addon done automatically from my balance, or I have to active it.

Hi @nahar02 , you have to purchase Addons. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve

nahar02
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, is addon done automatically from my balance, or I have to active it.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @nahar02 ,

Not the data from your plan unfortunately. But any addon data rolls over to every 30 days until used up (the plan data always gets used first every cycle until your add on kicks in).

Welcome!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Plans are actually 30 day plans. Not monthly.

To answer your question. No you cannot.

Once your 30 day plan ends any unused data will not be rolled over.

Only data that rolls over is if you purchase a data add-on.

Need Help? Let's chat.