cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer request "completed" but still no service

sn00ch
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I PM'd the mods on Nov 20 when my initial activation failed. I got a response from @Shazia_K on Dec 5 saying my port from Rogers had been requested and that I should reboot my phone once I get a text confirming the port has completed. I did get a text saying "Public Mobile here: Your transfer request has been completed successfully. Welcome to Public Mobile and thank you for joining us!" but I'm still unable to call or text.

I've rebooted, turned the phone off and on, taken the sim out and put it back in, but I'm still not getting any service. I'm unable to send or receive texts (no delivery failure messages). Incoming calls got straight to vm. When I try making outgoing calls it says I "don't have an active long distance add-on" and cannot complete the call but I'm only calling local numbers.

Is there anything else I can try or do I need wait for a mod assistance?

I'm also wondering if the plan start date gets updated to the day service starts working? My plan still shows the next payment date as 120 days from my first activation attempt.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

sn00ch

Sorry @Shazia_K! I spoke too soon...picture/video text is not working yet. Can you please take a look? Thanks!

shawngill

Hello Shazia, 

I am having the exact same issue, would it possible to be looked into it's been 3 days with no phone services for me as my number was ported to PM.

Thank you.

sn00ch

Rebooted my phone - looks like it's working now! Plan payment date is updated too.

Thank you very much @Shazia_KSmiley Happy

@sn00ch  Hopefully you are up and running now!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Thanks Shazia!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @sn00ch

I'm sorry about that!

Can you please reboot your phone? everything should be good to go. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Shazia_Kif you get a chance to look at this as you have helped them before but they are still unable to make calls.  Original contact Nov 20 help received Dec 5

Need Help? Let's chat.