cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer phone number

Cannorth
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

After setting up my account and completing all required fields, I received a text from public mobile asking that a go to Publicmobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form.  When I clicked on the Publicmobile.ca link, there is no contact us option to click on

13 REPLIES 13

Cannorth

Thanks to everyone who took the time to help. The problem seemed to resolve itself by noon hour, and I seem to be up and running now.

@Cannorth wrote:

Do I just input mod team in the send to field?

Mod Team will not work as there is no such username.  Typing that into the send to field also will not help the member find the correct Moderator_Team name.

@Cannorth wrote:

Yes. When I activated my SIM card last night, I completed the forms for transferring in my existing number. A few hours later, I received a text with a link to public mobile.ca instructing me to click “contact us” and complete the SIM & Activation online form

Your number porting request failed.  Make sure that you have information about your old carriers account such as your account number, and provide that along with that phone number and name of the owner of that account to Public Mobile's Moderator_Team.  Instructions on how to do that were given earlier. As for the instructions about trying to find some form, ignore that because sending moderators a private message is the only way to get this fixed.

@RossN wrote:

@Cannorth did you manage to finish the sign up the system can be finicky at times

Activation would have had to have been completed for the customer to be able to receive the text message from Public Mobile.

@Cannorth wrote:

There is no “contact us “ option

The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

@Cannorth You can send the moderators a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

It may take them up to 2 days to respond.

Cannorth

Do I just input mod team in the send to field?

Cannorth

There is no “contact us “ option

Cannorth

Yes. When I activated my SIM card last night, I completed the forms for transferring in my existing number. A few hours later, I received a text with a link to public mobile.ca instructing me to click “contact us” and complete the SIM & Activation online form

@Cannorth what point are you at now are you trying to port a number from another carrier?

Cannorth

I thought so, but maybe not

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Cannorth did you manage to finish the sign up the system can be finicky at times

bravo_md
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sent a private message to the Mod Team using the envelope icon in upper right corner. They'll reply and help out. Regards.

Need Help? Let's chat.