cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer phone number form bell to PM

Simonhan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activate PM at 5 PM Jan 22 but still not complete.

How long  working it?

8 REPLIES 8

Simonhan

Thank you help

Now, working fine.   

@Dunkman wrote:

@Simonhan 

Is your incoming call working?  If working, then your port is complete.  

Given that the OP said, "Yes, outgoing call is working but incoming call is now working.", I'd tend to think the word "now" was probably supposed to be "not". OTOH, we haven't heard anything else from the OP, so MAYBE the number porting is done, and all is fine.....

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Simonhan wrote:

Yes,  outgoing call is working but incoming call is now working.

FYI:

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.

@Simonhan 

Is your incoming call working?  If working, then your port is complete.  

If incoming calls are not working and the Bell account was a mobile account, the port should have been completed by now.  

If incomplete port, you will need to contact moderator:

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

alejx

Ported from Bell Mobility 2 days ago, it took about 40 mins., very satisfied.

Simonhan

Yes,  outgoing call is working but incoming call is now working.

@computergeek541 wrote:

If the number is a Bell Canada landline, you're looking at about 2 days. If it's Bell Mobility that you're porting from, the port should have completed within 2.5 hours.

Yeah, @Simonhan , just for a frame of reference, I ported here from Lucky Mobile(a Bell owned company), and it took about 2 hrs., but as @computergeek541  mentioned, from a landline is a different kettle of fish.

@Simonhan wrote:

I activate PM at 5 PM Jan 22 but still not complete.

How long  working it?

If the number is a Bell Canada landline, you're looking at about 2 days. If it's Bell Mobility that you're porting from, the port should have completed within 2.5 hours.

If you insert your sim card, are outgoing calls working?

Need Help? Let's chat.