cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of phone number

Sarah1991
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just set up with public mobile yesterday I transfered my phone number over from fido . I put in the wrong number to verify and now it my phone works for me to call and to text but no one can call me it gos right to voicemail and I don't know how to fix it. Please help.

10 REPLIES 10

@mimmo wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

@mimmo 

As I understand the number is wrong so it's just faulty port. It shouldn't affect the new port. Or did I misread it

I remember when talking to the porting team re a failure, i  asked could i have just resubmitted the port they said no it would fail 

the way i read the post is they entered the wrong verification info,   the number is now the pm system (outgoing is the porper number)  so trying to port again will  look lika a pm to pm port.    

Thanks @mimmo for pointing that out.

If the correct phone number number was entered then yes you don't want to start another port.

@Sarah1991. When you say ' wrong number to verify' do you mean that phone number that you checked if it was eligible to transfer, pin number, imei number... If you didn't try to transfer wrong number then you will have too contact moderators, sorry about that

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kselmak wrote:

@mimmo 

As I understand the number is wrong so it's just faulty port. It shouldn't affect the new port. Or did I misread it

I remember when talking to the porting team re a failure, i  asked could i have just resubmitted the port they said no it would fail 

the way i read the post is they entered the wrong verification info,   the number is now the pm system (outgoing is the porper number)  so trying to port again will  look lika a pm to pm port.    

mimmo

@gblackma wrote:

@mimmo Considering the fact that calls were going to voicemail, and the question about receiving texts was never answered. How could you rule that out? Thought that we had to tease the information out here. Isn't that what you said in the link below when I took what the other person here said at face value? Exactly what criteria are you using to determine when to accept what a person says at face value and when essentially question them as if they are liars? 

@gblackma     

port failure: the poster said they entered in the wrong porting info

Portfailure  = outgoing calls and text work incoming go to old sim ie voicemail 

not a provisoning issue :  outgoing call work  incoming go to voicemial.  

Provisioning issue:   typically the affected service will not work both ways not just one.

Exactly what criteria are you using to determine when to accept what a person says at face value and when essentially question them as if they are liars? 

to start: who said anything about treating people like liars.  in that post your refer to,  did i treat the poster like a liar? instead of jumping to contact mods right away,  I asked what provider, as some providers have set up their info differently for ports. @Luddite  found a thread which seemed had the needed procedure.   just firing out  suggestions /ideas can cause more angst for the person needing help than anything else.

but to answer your question:  experience and  taking the time to read and understand  a post. 

@mimmo 

@mimmo Considering the fact that calls were going to voicemail, and the question about receiving texts was never answered. How could you rule that out? Thought that we had to tease the information out here. Isn't that what you said in the link below when I took what the other person here said at face value? Exactly what criteria are you using to determine when to accept what a person says at face value and when essentially question them as if they are liars? 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Transferring-my-phone-number-from-my-ol...

mimmo

@kselmakfrom my understanding if the wrong info for a port was given you need to contact the mods. resubmitting a port request can cause issues.  

@gblackmathe poster said they entered the wrong porting  info.  why would it be a provisioning issue?  

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Sarah1991 

Start new port here

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/ChangeNumber/ 

It should override the wrong port

Welcome to public mobile

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Sarah1991  Can you put the SIM into another phone? Is it everyone calling you going to voicemail, or just some people? Can you receive texts? It sounds like either a stuck port or a SIM provisional failure.  Contact a moderator and explain your situation.  Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen . This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket )

@Sarah1991 wrote:

I just set up with public mobile yesterday I transfered my phone number over from fido . I put in the wrong number to verify and now it my phone works for me to call and to text but no one can call me it gos right to voicemail and I don't know how to fix it. Please help.

mimmo

Hi, you can use your old fido sim it should still work.

then use simon the chat bot (the questuion mark on bottom of page)  to submit a ticket to moderators.    start with failed port and follow the prompts.

@Sarah1991 wrote:

Since you know that incorrect porting information was given, the request will fail. To fix this, be sure to have your Fido account number ready and open a ticket by going to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ .

Need Help? Let's chat.