cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of number

GKFarrell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need you to approve the transfer of my number and I DO NOT have the phone to put the SIM back in because my phone is now an e-SIM now.  Lucky says that you are sent an SMS but I cannot reply to it.

9 REPLIES 9

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@GKFarrell 

Just to add some context for you, you need to somehow verify your ownership of the old account to give permission for giving that number away to the new provider (Public Mobile) as everyone is saying.  This is how the industry tries and protect people from getting their phone number stolen by a random bandit.

Mobile phones are "easy" now by confirming via text message sent to the old phone.  That's why you'd somehow need access to the old phone service to authorize the transfer.  In lieu of that, the other workarounds are the verbal + validation options that both @t_p and @darlicious has mentioned.  🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GKFarrell 

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

@GKFarrell 

As per @t_p 's post you will have to give "verbal" or rather written approval after you verify you are the account holder. Supply customer support with the following:

1. Full name and address on the account.
  2. Email, phone # and your 4 digit acct pin #.

They will then ask you to answer correctly at least 3 out of 4 questions about your account.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Meow wrote:

@hTideGnow wrote:

@GKFarrell   Not sure if you can do it without an active SIM.  The usual step is to get a replacement SIM, change SIM and then replay YES.  

Please reply back and let us know if they are doing you the favour or you  have to go back to the regular route

It has to be a way to port number if customer has no SIM nor cell phone. How are land line numbers ported?

Calling porting number or contacting CSA will most likely provide proper assistance.

And yes, feedback how this issue is resolved would be appreciated!

You need to contact the carrier and give verbal approval.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GKFarrell : Do you have anybody around you with an unlocked, compatible phone? Just put the SIM in that phone.

But if you're talking to the porting team by now...moo (moot).

@hTideGnow wrote:

@GKFarrell   Not sure if you can do it without an active SIM.  The usual step is to get a replacement SIM, change SIM and then replay YES.  

Please reply back and let us know if they are doing you the favour or you  have to go back to the regular route

It has to be a way to port number if customer has no SIM nor cell phone. How are land line numbers ported?

Calling porting number or contacting CSA will most likely provide proper assistance.

And yes, feedback how this issue is resolved would be appreciated!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Try to open a ticket with PM and see if they are nice enough to approve the porting on the back end for you.  

you can use this direct link to open ticket with PM with your porting issue:

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

I sent you message with the porting department phone number.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@GKFarrell wrote:

I need you to approve the transfer of my number and I DO NOT have the phone to put the SIM back in because my phone is now an e-SIM now.  Lucky says that you are sent an SMS but I cannot reply to it.

You need to contact CS for help:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1n1doJroLwunnRGLWzZ...

Need Help? Let's chat.