cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of number - Sim & Activation form

jacquerowe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi guys! I just activated my SIM that i purchased this afternoon, and ported my old number to my new sim. I am able to call and recieve calls but both incoming and outgoing texts are not working. I just got a text saying to go ot the 'Contact Us' section of the website, which i cannot find, and fill in the SIM and Activation online form. Is anyone able to help me? 

10 REPLIES 10

@Chillip,

@Chillip wrote:

Not so straight. If you have NOT created you account with Community.Publicmobile.ca, then you have to do that first. Then you are in the system to send and receive private message. Good luck

This is wrong.  If someone is already posting on the forum, they have already created a community account and can use the private messages.  In fact, they do not even need to have service to be here using and chatting via private message.

The thing subscriber sometimes forgets, or do not even realize is that they need to create the Self Serve username and password to link to see the My Account information.

@Chillip wrote:

Not so straight. If you have NOT created you account with Community.Publicmobile.ca, then you have to do that first. Then you are in the system to send and receive private message. Good luck

Please use the quote button so that others can see who you are replying to.  Also, there have been no replies to this message thread for nearly 2 months, so I am sure that the issue has already been solved.

Chillip

And add Moderator_Team as your recipient

Chillip

@computergeek541, this is good to know.

@jacquerowe, if it was indeed a failed port, then outgoing calls and outgoing texts should work.
And there would be no incoming texts or calls, except with your old provider.

@LovesToPM wrote:

@jacquerowe, this situation is a bit strange.

You are able to call and receive calls? This implies that the port was successful.

Your texts are not functional? This implies that either texting is not included in your plan or there is a technical problem with your plan.

You got a text saying to go to the 'Contact Us'? As far as I can tell, Public Mobile does not send out such texts.
Can you tell us who sent this text and how did you get it if your texting isn't functioning?

I don't deny that the incoming calls working is strange for a failed port.  However, Public does send that text message to customers when a number transfer request trips up.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@jacquerowe, this situation is a bit strange.

You are able to call and receive calls? This implies that the port was successful.

Your texts are not functional? This implies that either texting is not included in your plan or there is a technical problem with your plan.

You got a text saying to go to the 'Contact Us'? As far as I can tell, Public Mobile does not send out such texts.
Can you tell us who sent this text and how did you get it if your texting isn't functioning?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jacquerowe wrote:

Hi guys! I just activated my SIM that i purchased this afternoon, and ported my old number to my new sim. I am able to call and recieve calls but both incoming and outgoing texts are not working. I just got a text saying to go ot the 'Contact Us' section of the website, which i cannot find, and fill in the SIM and Activation online form. Is anyone able to help me? 

@jacquerowe  Means that PM needs more info to complete your port. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@jacquerowe wrote:

Don't look for contact us form. There ia no form.  That mesaage gets sent when porting failed. Get account no. from old carrier and send message to Moderator_Team. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@jacquerowe, welcome to Public Mobile!

Please provide bit more info so that your fellow customers on this forum can help

- Which plan did you sign up for?

- Can you upload a screenshot of the text you received?

Please do not post private or personal here as this is a public forum.

Need Help? Let's chat.