cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer numbers from FIDO account

Galochkina
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, yesterday we try to activate our new PM SIM cards and got some troubles.

We used FIDO account with two numbers on it. One number was transferred to PM and working on calls and mobile internet, but second still not available for calling and mobile internet is working. During registration we can not register both numbers at one email and one person (to my husband). In this case we sign the second form to me (I'm not in a food account). PM received payments for both numbers, I saw it on husbands banking.

So, how can I get PM service and calls in this case?

5 REPLIES 5

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You need to purhcase two sim cards and activate separately. 

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

First of all you have to activate each phone with public mobile on a separate account associated with a different email. Have you activated the second sim card for the second Fido number you were trying to port in to Public Mobile? If you have are you able make or receive calls/texts on that Public Mobile SIM? We're you given a new cell number for the SIM card you have for Public Mobile? If so simply log into your Public Mobile online account associated with the second line and click on "change my number". From there choose "port in my number". Provide the info asked for in this process which will include the phone number you want to port in from Fido and the account number of Fido account  and a PIN code you used for your Fido account. If that don't work, call Fido and let them know your second cell number was ported to Public Mobile /Telus without your permission. They will get your number back on your old Fido plan. I world then start over on Public mobile. You will need a new Public Mobile SIM though for this. 

Cheers!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Galochkina, are you able to login to the second account and check on status?  If the second account does not have the Fido number transfer completed, you should be able to go to your Fido account and see that line still active on that end.  If you do need a number port submitted a second time, you will need moderator team assistance to complete that.  As mentioned, each account requires a unique email address.  Many customers resort to using email alias to accomplish this.  As an example, gmail alias uses the following format username+addon@gmail.com where the addon is a unique set of characters that are added after + to give the email address uniqueness.  Google will process the email alias by stripping out the + and the addon when it comes to which account to forward the email.  To the self serve portal, the email alias is unique based on the entire string of characters. 

@Galochkina

See above suggestion.  It can take a few hours for port to complete.  

Also, does your texting work?  Which phone model do you have?  Some international phones do not work with Public Mobile.  

Check the website:

https://willmyphonework.net/

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
Does the second phone still work with your Fido SIM card? If it does, then use that card until it stops working then switch to the PM SIM card. If it's not working you have an incomplete port and will need to contact a moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

Each account can only have 1 SIM card and 1 phone number, but you can use the same credit card for multiple accounts.
Need Help? Let's chat.