cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer number from chatr

Vissarl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there I just activated my sim card and threw the process I put in my current number from chatr I was told to msg here to transfer it because it is a little more complicated cause chatr is prepaid.

4 REPLIES 4

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

A family member transferred from Chatr.

If you have all the necessary information there are no major issues.

@Vissarl wrote:

Hi there I just activated my sim card and threw the process I put in my current number from chatr I was told to msg here to transfer it because it is a little more complicated cause chatr is prepaid.

There's nothing more complicated about transfering from Chatr. Prepaid/postpaid usually makes no difference.  It's Koodo prepaid that's the strange one.

Transfering from Chatr is no different than transfering from almost any other carrier.

it's best to use the Chatr account number (and nothing else) when submitting the port requets.

To get your Chatr account number, you will need to phone Chatr customer service to ask for it.

Vissarl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Nvm I figure out where I should be msg 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Vissarl wrote:

@VissarlSend the moderator team a message is what they would have meant. Click this to send them a message.

Who told you to msg here? Was it telus that called you with a failed port or was this someone else that mentioned pre-paid. I was under the impresion prepaid from the existing network like koodo or pc mobile could not be done by you as those systems are the same as public mobile... but chatR shouldnt be a problem. Was it a porting failure?

If you never tried to port can you try doing a login to the self serve to see if you can submit the port if you have all the needed information from within your account

Did you get a text message saying "You'll need to provide the correct password or PIN from previous service provider"

Please give us more details.

Need Help? Let's chat.