cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer number from TextNow

sirvaan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everybody,

Is it possible to transfer a number from TextNow, which is basically a Voip, to Public mobile?

In TextNow app, it is just a number and my name, and there is not any account number, address, etc to provide to PM so they can port my number.

Any idea?

53 REPLIES 53

@bjennl36 wrote:

Help with porting out of textnow

Hi @bjennl36 Please note...

If you are porting your number into Public Mobile, for additional security, your previous service provider may also send an SMS text to validate the transfer. Follow the instructions in the message within 90 minutes to approve the number transfer.

If you have missed the 90 minute window to respond, we will send you an SMS with instructions on how to re-initiate the transfer by calling our Porting team.

The SMS will read as follows:

Public Mobile Msg: The request to move your phone number to Public Mobile has timed out. Don't worry, you can easily re-initiate the transfer. Please call our Porting Team at 1-***to authorize your number transfer.

Please call our Porting Team at ***

Tips:

• Keep the old account's device on with the SIM card inside to receive the validation message. If that’s not possible, please ensure you can access the SIM from a different device.
  • Be sure to check all texts that could go to any other members on the old account and any junk or spam folders.

i hope this helps.  Best wishes!

@JK8 wrote:

@bjennl36 wrote:

Contact a moderator and put in the subject port request.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@bjennl36 

For number ports coming from a service such as this, you'll want to know that this will usually take longer than if you're requesting to trransfer from another cellular carrier. Porting from a a VoIP service usually has similar porting processing times as landlines do and can sometimes take several days.

@bjennl36 wrote:

Contact a moderator and put in the subject port request.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

bjennl36
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

sirvaan

Yes, they transferred my number from textnow to PM, it took 3-4 days to complete.

@siddijal 

Most likely....you can contact the moderators and confirm with them the procedure as it sounds like you will need their assistance to port your number in anyhow. Provide a link to this thread in your message and tag the moderator or address it   Attention : Costello_P so if he is available you will know he has experience with porting from textnow.

siddijal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@sirvaan @Costello_P @Just checking, did your issue resolve? coz I am thinking to port from textnow to public mobile. 

@sirvaanIt sounds like it is a stuck port, you will need to message the moderators to retry the port again

sirvaan

@Costello_P wrote:

All good, the request has been processed and we'll have to wait around two business days to get a reply from your provider with the confirmation that the number has been successfully ported.

Let me know if everything is okay for you and if there's anything else you need assistance with 🙂

Just wanted to give an update.
Yesterday my line transferred from TextNow to PM, but not completely!
I can send/receive SMS and make a call without any problem, but when somebody tries to call me, my PM mobile is not ringing, instead, my TextNow app is ringing. Also, I still have access to the Number from TextNow app which is weird!

sirvaan

@Costello_P wrote:

All good, the request has been processed and we'll have to wait around two business days to get a reply from your provider with the confirmation that the number has been successfully ported.

Let me know if everything is okay for you and if there's anything else you need assistance with 🙂

Fingers crossed and thank you very much for your time.

Costello_P
Customer Support Agent

sirvaan

@Costello_P wrote:

I have some new info. We'll need the address of your internet service (wireline). 

Internet service provider for my house?

It’s SHAW. You need my home address?

You can find my address in my PM profile, which I think you have access to, if no, I can send you via private message.

Costello_P
Customer Support Agent

I have some new info. We'll need the address of your internet service (wireline). 

Costello_P
Customer Support Agent

We won't be able to use that address due to the fact that it is a US address. I'll try to contact them directly using the support mail you sent me.

sirvaan

@Costello_P wrote:

From what I can see the system will not allow the port without : 

Billing name

Service address ( this is the most important thing and it's about the place where the Internet connection you have is registered because the voip service is treated as a landline port )

secondary phone number

name of the company

So, in the end it's doable but we need this specific info from you.

The address was wrong in my pervious post!

I checked their forums and I find these information:

“you would need to have your new carrier reach out to us at porting@textnow.com for further assistance on porting your number out to them. “

https://supportwireless.textnow.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360043245271-Port-OUT-information

And Also they advises to use this address:

“Hey there! Please try using our address: 

1 Sutter St

San Francisco, CA, 94104

"

https://supportwireless.textnow.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360013895046-Porting-out

sirvaan

@Costello_P wrote:

Billing name

Service address ( this is the most important thing and it's about the place where the Internet connection you have is registered because the voip service is treated as a landline port )

secondary phone number

name of the company

I checked their forums and I find these information:

“you would need to have your new carrier reach out to us at porting@textnow.com for further assistance on porting your number out to them. “

And Also they advise to use this address:

“Hey there! Please try using our address: 

1 Sutter St

San Francisco, CA, 94104

Costello_P
Customer Support Agent

Billing name

secondary phone number

name of the company

@sirvaan  hi here is the link for the moderator team It is my understanding that they need to contact textnow to complete port  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

GR
Mayor / Maire

@sirvaan  yes that's a start and like @geopublic  said  message TextNow to see if they have a fee to release the number 

sirvaan

Thank you, I read it and it was helpful, I think I have to contact to moderators team.

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you search TextNow's forums there are lots of posts about this. Hopefully you can find some useful info there! Good luck! 😄
https://supportwireless.textnow.com/hc/en-us/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=port+out&commit=Search

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@sirvaan wrote:

Hi everybody,

Is it possible to transfer a number from TextNow, which is basically a Voip, to Public mobile?

In TextNow app, it is just a number and my name, and there is not any account number, address, etc to provide to PM so they can port my number.

Any idea?

@sirvaan  Best to call TextNow and ask them as some VOIP providers will charge you a fee before you can port out.

GR
Mayor / Maire

If you search the community Theres someone a few weeks ago that did it!  I'll look to see if I can find the post and tag you in it

Need Help? Let's chat.