cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer number from Public mobile to Chatr

bboy942
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I would like to transfer my old number from Public Mobile to Chatr. Chatr called me and said it not possible because my Public Mobile number is not active. Since, I don't want to pay for a month to activate my Public Mobile number. There is any way to transfer my number?

Please help

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

dLBallin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Your best bet is to re-activate your public mobile plan (preferrably with the cheapest option) and port out. If you set up auto-pay, the cheapest plan looks to be around $8. $8 to port your number over - doesn't seems so bad of a plan.

@bboy942 wrote:

Hi, I would like to transfer my old number from Public Mobile to Chatr. Chatr called me and said it not possible because my Public Mobile number is not active. Since, I don't want to pay for a month to activate my Public Mobile number. There is any way to transfer my number?

Sorry, you need to pay again. There isn't any way to transfer a phone number that isn't active.  How long has your Public Mobile number been inactive? If it has been inactive for more 90 days, you will not be able to reactivate it.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Old plans used to have 10 day cycles

Otherwise you need to pay for a 30 day plan in order to transfer number

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@bboy942 Best you can do is to change your plan to cheapest which is the $10 50 min talk and 50 texts. There is no way to activate for a day or two. 

Need Help? Let's chat.