Transfer number from Koodo

Jessica_78
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

12 REPLIES 12

@RosieR wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Why would not anyone wanting to PORT try on My Account and follow the instructions??????

Hi @LurganIeUk because porting cannot be done anymore on My Account.  Here's what it says:

Unfortunately, this action cannot be performed. To transfer your number from another provider, please reach out to a moderator through our chat bot. To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link bit.ly/2GF1pHW and type in “port request”. This will put you in touch with our moderator team.

Right!!! And follow the instructions as you have found. 

please open our chatbot via this link bit.ly/2GF1pHW and type in “port request”.

How would new members know where in My Account to port their number?  You know it and perhaps all the regular forum posters, know it too.  But I have not seen anyone of the veterans say to go the My Account to port their number.  Perhaps, you should start suggesting this to member who are asking how to port????

When I first came here....I did not even know about the Community. I had no problems to the port myself. 

@computergeek541 wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

How would new members know where in My Account to port their number?  You know it and perhaps all the regular forum posters, know it too.  But I have not seen anyone of the veterans say to go the My Account to port their number.  Perhaps, you should start suggesting this to member who are asking how to port????

No one has been talking about going in to self serve to do the porting up until now likely because, as you know, it currently can't be done. A moderators's help is needed.

Perhaps include the member who started all this?

@RosieR wrote:

No one has been talking about going in to self serve to do the porting up until now likely because, as you know, it currently can't be done. A moderators's help is needed.

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Why would not anyone wanting to PORT try on My Account and follow the instructions??????

Hi @LurganIeUk because porting cannot be done anymore on My Account.  Here's what it says:

Unfortunately, this action cannot be performed. To transfer your number from another provider, please reach out to a moderator through our chat bot. To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link bit.ly/2GF1pHW and type in “port request”. This will put you in touch with our moderator team.

please open our chatbot via this link bit.ly/2GF1pHW and type in “port request”.

@RosieR wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@Helpershelper wrote:

@Jessica_78 

If you want to port a number over, you can do it in store if your number is active, and the phone is unlocked. You can also do this online by following the link below:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started

Please note that this information isn't applicable to this situation. The message that I quoted from the OP shows that the account has already been activated. Retail store salespeople cannot assist current Public Mobile customers with accoiunt issues. I only point this out because if Jessica_78 goes to the store to try to get this sorted out, she will have wasted time and would end up more disapponted and frustrated.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Jessica_78 

If you want to port a number over, you can do it in store if your number is active, and the phone is unlocked. You can also do this online by following the link below:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started

@Jessica_78 wrote:

Hi,

My name is xxxxxxxxxxxx and I've just registered and switched to Public from Koodo. Refering to the instructions, to transfer from Koodo, it is done following the registration. The public number that was given is xxxxxxxxxxxx and I need to have it switched to my previous Koodo number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Thank you

Please follow the instructions to provided by Esjliv  ti open SIMon,

Once there, type "port request".

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jessica_78  Better remove your personal information ASAP

Screenshot_20200904_223355.jpg

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Jessica_78 ,

*This is a public forum, please edit your post to remove any personal information. To edit it, hit the 3 dots at top, right of your post.

To contact the Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1-Click the question mark on the bottom right hand side of your screen to talk to SIMon the chat bot.

esjliv_0-1595967286478.png

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

OR

2-Contact the Moderator_Team via private message using this link.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.