cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer my number to another company

Sgg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I want to transfer my number to another company. I had a monthly plan with Public Mobile and after this expired I decided to move to another company. They asked me to transfer my number but it seems that something has happened and they cannot do it because it seems my account is now not active. Why should I do?? I do not want to pay an entire month just to reactivate my account. 
I did get a text from PM saying that they got the number transfer request and that PM was canceling my account but they never transferred my number to the new company. 

I would appreciate your help!
Thanks
Sg
4 REPLIES 4

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Alternatively, you could resign up for your old plan and port out a few days before it expires.

But the $10 plan is a small price to pay if you feel you've had a bad experience with PM.

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Sgg It works the same with every company, in order to port a number the account must be current and active. It's your responsiblity to keep your account active should you wish to port it to another company. The only way you can salvage your number is to make your account with public mobile active. You can do this with the cheapest plan, and then after that contact the company you wish to port to, and place the request through them.  

It is for this reason it's best to have autopay set up with a valid credit card so that plans don't expire. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Sgg wrote:
I want to transfer my number to another company. I had a monthly plan with Public Mobile and after this expired I decided to move to another company. They asked me to transfer my number but it seems that something has happened and they cannot do it because it seems my account is now not active. Why should I do?? I do not want to pay an entire month just to reactivate my account. 
I did get a text from PM saying that they got the number transfer request and that PM was canceling my account but they never transferred my number to the new company. 

I would appreciate your help!
Thanks
Sg

@SggYou will not be able to transfer your number over to another provider because you let you account expire. You account needs to have an active plan in order for the transfer to occur. As others have mentioned, login into you account and change to the $10 plan and activate it. Once the plan has been activated then make note of your PM account number and provide that information along with your number to your new provider and the port will complete. Once the transfer is complete then you PM account will automatically close.

Good luck.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

You can switch to 10 plan that will give you account in good order for 30 days

Try logging in, what happens?

If port didn't go through but you account was terminated by mistake contact themoderators

Need Help? Let's chat.