cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer my existing number to lucky mobile

Candy1120
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Id like to transfer my public mobile number to lucky mobile how do I do that ?

Reason I'm doing it is because my cell phone with public mobile was stolen

6 REPLIES 6

If you don't have access to the phone (the Public Mobile SIM card linked to your number) then there's really only three options:

- Contact @CS_Agent through private message or request a support ticket from Simon chatbot, simply ask them if they can allow the number port, what can they do to help you, what can you do to help them, what are your options

- Buy a new Public Mobile SIM card ($10), login to Self-Serve, transfer your existing service onto this new SIM (the old SIM will then be permanently deactivated), you can order one online from anywhere, you can buy one from a physical retailer from many locations (London Drugs, Walmart, etc)

- Abandon the phone number and get a new one

If service to the number is suspended then the number port won't work and the number might be lost. So if you've allowed your Public Mobile account to expire then you'll have to (pre)pay for another 30-day cycle to port the number - because of CRTC rules, not because of Public Mobile (or Telus) rules.

You can always activate a new SIM with a new phone number (with Public Mobile or with another operator) if you need working/temporary phone service now. I think that if you get another operator involved (ie: you leave Public Mobile and go with someone else) then you'll increase the chances of your number being lost. (And, of course, no matter who you talk to, they'll squarely point the blame at the other end.)

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Candy1120 

It appears you had a similar request earlier in the week on a related thread and you already have a SIM card from another provider and wish to port out.

IF SO, and you wish to port to another carrier, because you lost your phone, you will not be able to receive the SMS confirmation text from Public Mobile to approve the port, click here to contact Public Mobile to authorize the port. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Candy1120 wrote:

Hi @Candy1120 , 

If your Phone is lost or stolen, you can Suspend your service if you’d like to prevent any calls or messages from being sent or received. Doing so will not keep your plan from expiring; however, it will ensure that your credit card is not charged at your next renewal date if you’re on AutoPay.

Just follow these steps:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Lost/Stolen Phone
  3. Select Suspend Service

Note that after 90 days in suspend, your account will be deactivated permanently so be sure to return to this page if you find your phone or decide to get a new SIM card.

To erase your personal data check out:

Android : https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-remotely-delete-android-phone-data

iPhone :http://instructionaltechtalk.com/how-to-remotely-erase-a-stolen-iphone-or-ipad/

Unless you are wanting to change to Lucky for other reasons, there is no reason to port if your phone is stolen. Follow @kb_mv to change the SIM charge and you are good to continue with PM.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Candy1120 

Transferring Your Public Mobile Number To Another Service Provider

To help protect our customers from fraud, Public Mobile will send you an SMS text message should we receive a request to transfer your mobile phone number to another carrier.

This step is designed to protect your account by confirming if the request is genuine or fraudulent.The SMS text will read as follows: Public Mobile message: We’ve received a request to transfer this phone number to another service provider. To approve this request, please reply “Yes”. If you did not request this transfer, please reply “No”. Please note that you must respond within 90 minutes. If we don’t receive a response within this time, the request will be automatically cancelled. For any issues with this number transfer, contact our Porting Team. Thank you.

If you have made a request to port your number to another carrier and have not (or are unable to due to a lost phone/SIM) receive an SMS from Public Mobile to confirm your request, please open our chatbot via this link. This will put you in touch with our moderator team who will be able to assist you.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Candy1120 wrote:

@Candy1120 As indicated by @will13am, it's a process for Lucky to initiate. I'm curious why the need to leave because your phone was stolen. You could get a new sim card, use the "change sim card" in your account and get to keep any rewards, bonuses etc that you might have. Just food for thought.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Candy1120 , if you are trying to port your phone number to Lucky, you need to contact them.  Porting is a pull process where the receiving company does the heavy lifting.  

Need Help? Let's chat.