cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer inactive PM number to active PM account

FY
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a friend who is leaving Canada.  I want to use his PM account . My PM account is inactive now. How do I transfer my inactive PM number to his account? Please help! Thanks!

21 REPLIES 21

@WoozyPolarBear wrote:

@492923 

Actually, you can transfer from one name to another. It's quite common. All you need to do is have the name on the account and the account number. Number ports can be reversed if fraud is claimed, so there is always some protection against unauthorized ports.

@WoozyPolarBear 

@FY   I think this all the info you now need to take over your friends account. Hope it's worth it rather than take advantage of a new activation flash sale or promo but I guess you can still do that...

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@492923 

Actually, you can transfer from one name to another. It's quite common. All you need to do is have the name on the account and the account number. Number ports can be reversed if fraud is claimed, so there is always some protection against unauthorized ports.

i dont think that you can transfer an account to your name that belongs to someone else. companies do not allow that.

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Buy a Virgin Mobile Prepaid SIM. Then port out. Call Virgin Mobile for the account number, then use that to port back to PM. You won't need to sign up for a plan with Virgin Mobile, just activate the sim is all that is required.

FY

Thank you all!

@srlawren wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

Does anybody know if mods have any way of doing it, I mean is it something that is really impossible or they just refuse to kill an amount

@dabr wrote:

Yes I would like to think there would be a way for PM to facilitate this without going to all the trouble of porting out:)

@kselmak @dabr no, they do not do this.  The moderator team used to be able to do this for people upon request in the past, but that changed about a year or so ago, and since it is no longer possible for them to do this.  

@srlawren    Thanks for the info.  Too bad PM discontinued this policy.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kselmak wrote:

Does anybody know if mods have any way of doing it, I mean is it something that is really impossible or they just refuse to kill an amount

@dabr wrote:

Yes I would like to think there would be a way for PM to facilitate this without going to all the trouble of porting out:)

@kselmak @dabr no, they do not do this.  The moderator team used to be able to do this for people upon request in the past, but that changed about a year or so ago, and since it is no longer possible for them to do this.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

What is the point of all this are you just trying to save your Rewards? And keep your old number? Or are you just trying to take advantage of your friends rewards on his account. If your account has only been suspended for two days then just reactivate it. If it's been suspended for two years it's unlikely you're going to get your old number back anyways just use your friend's account with his Sim and change your number.. then all you have to do is change the email for it I'm sure the moderators can do that for you.

@kselmak wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@FY   The cheapest plan to port out to would be Bell's prepaid at $5 with a ridiculous 10 mins  but might serve your purpose for porting out the number you would like to keep.  You can also buy a Bell SIM on Amazon, there are some available for 50 cents.

Oh that's even 8 bucks cheaper, nice.

@dabr wrote:

@FY   The cheapest plan to port out to would be Bell's prepaid at $5 with a ridiculous 10 mins  but might serve your purpose for porting out the number you would like to keep.  You can also buy a Bell SIM on Amazon, there are some available for 50 cents.

Oh that's even 8 bucks cheaper, nice.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

K sorry got confused

dabr
Mayor / Maire

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@FYYou have to have your inactive account acive (so minimum pay $10 for 30 days plan) in order to be able to port your Public Mobile number to your friend's account (assuming you have all his login information etc)

Get a Lucky account, port your number to lucky then from Lucky back to Public Mobile.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@FY 

1. You cannot port a PM number between PM accounts. It is not allowed.
  2. You cannot port out a number from a PM account while it is inactive.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@FY wrote:

I have a friend who is leaving Canada.  I want to use his PM account . My PM account is inactive now. How do I transfer my inactive PM number to his account? Please help! Thanks!

Re-activae your old PM account if it was suspended lsess thna 90 day. You old will be closed if it was suspended over 90 days.

After reactivate your old account, you can port your number to another provider and port your number back to your friend's number.

You need to get your firend's self-serve account login info to change the following:

1.  Change you the account email, name,password and security question to yours

2.  Change the autopay cc info

3.  You can use the same PIN# from your friend or ask moderato to change your PIN#

FY

My account is only inactive for 2 days. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

How long is it not in use?

If less than 90 days I suggest you activate friends account  with $10 plan then go to Dollarama and get lucky sim for $4 take their $10 plan and port that number out to lucky, then back here.

If more than 90 days, try calling the number to see if it was assigned if not try to beg the mods for help

That account would have been closed after 90 days and the number has likely been released long ago. 

But a moderator can tell you for sure.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@FY- You cannot transfer numbers between PM accounts.  The only way to do the transfer is to transfer out of PM to another carrier, and then transfer back.  However, you will need to pay for a SIM, and a plan (bare minimum) with the other provider.

FY

I have been used old number for alomst 2 years.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

I doubt this is possible. However, if it can be done, you'll need a moderator s help?

How long has it been since you used that old pm number?

Need Help? Let's chat.