cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer from Virgin

anniegagnon41
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I just activated a phone and wanted to transfer the number from Virgin.  I called them and they said that nothing was transmitted from your side.  Is there a delay in transferring that info?  Can you let me know how it should work?  Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

angeliquem
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@anniegagnon41 wrote:

Hi, I just activated a phone and wanted to transfer the number from Virgin.  I called them and they said that nothing was transmitted from your side.  Is there a delay in transferring that info?  Can you let me know how it should work?  Thanks!

Were you able to go through with the whole activation?

Did you get a new number?

If so,

You can log-in to "My Account" and click "Change Number"

1.PNG

Follow the instructions there and have your Virgin account information handy!

anniegagnon41
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@anniegagnon41 during your activation did you select choose new number or number transfer option?  If you selected transfer number option, it's likely something didn't work.  You can try the number transfer again.  If you can't get it to work you will need the moderator team to resubmit the port.  

The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is your Virgin account still active? If so, login to your Public Mobile self-serve account and initialize a transfer.

The following link has instructions to follow:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/How-do-I-move-my-cell-phone-number-to...

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@anniegagnon41 wrote:

Did you activate with a new number?  If so have you gone into self serve to change your number and select port in a number from another provider?  We need to know what steps you have taken to see where you need help

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@anniegagnon41 wrote:

You do it at selfserve, you need your account # from Virgin and exact name as you register, the rest leave it blank

Need Help? Let's chat.