cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer from Chatr to Public Mobile

msaali18
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How can I transfer from active Chatr connection to PM? I've Samaung A70.

12 REPLIES 12

@msaali18 wrote:

Thank you @AE_Collector. The PM SIM card would have its own number, would that number be replaced by my existing chatr number that I want to keep? In order to port in do I need to call sombody or send SMS etc.

The SIM card when you get it will have a 19 digit serial number but no assigned phone number. Activating your PM account you will enter your personal info, new SIM card number, your existing phone number if you wish to Port it over right away, credit card info if you want to set up Autopay, referral code if you want to use one to get an extra one time credit and that is more or less everything.

<edit> As you indicate that you have a Chatr phone and a PM phone and you want to switch the Chatr to PM as well, you would use your exiting referral code from your PM account to create the new PM account with existing Chatr number. While it may appear that you can add more numbers to your existing account, you need to create a new account for the new (Chatr) number and use a different email address from your existing PM accounts address.

AE_Collector

@msaali18 wrote:

Thank you @computergeek541. To whom to submit the porting request?

Public Mobile does not provide custoner service over the phone.

To port a number in it is done from logging into your self serve account and it's done from within the chnage phone number option.

msaali18

Thank you @Kim1971kim 

msaali18

Thank you @ShawnC13  for connecting both posts. I have chatr connection while other number is on PM.

msaali18

Thank you @Dunkman 

msaali18

Thank you @computergeek541. To whom to submit the porting request?

msaali18

Thank you @AE_Collector. The PM SIM card would have its own number, would that number be replaced by my existing chatr number that I want to keep? In order to port in do I need to call sombody or send SMS etc.

Kim1971kim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just buy a public mobile SIM card and once you activate it with your old phone number it should automatically cancel 🙂

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@msaali18 wrote:

Are you just asking how to port your number as your other thread here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Adds-on-500-minutes-consumed-on-in-comi... you are asking about how your incoming calls are using your add-ons minutes, and as that plan hasn't been offered for a while it must be for a port?  

You would log into your self serve and select change number than port-in from another provider and provide the information that they are requesting.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@msaali18 

Here is the help article for porting your number.  If you have further questions, please just ask.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number

@msaali18 wrote:

Yes, you can as long as Public Mobile offer phone numbers in the same city as your current Chatr phoen nubmer.

The first step is to contact Chatr customer service through *611 to get your Chatr account number. You cannot get that through your Chatr self serve account.

When submitting the porting request to port your number in from Chatr, use only your Chatr account number, and do not fill your IMEI nor your Chatr account PIN (leave both blank).

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Get a SIM card and activate an account with Public Mobile. Then port in your Chatr number which will close your Chatr account automatically. Check with Walmart or London Drugs as sometimes they give the SIM card for free if they do the activation. You might want to watch for a new customer promotion from Public Mobile and switch then to get some New Customer Perks. Rumour is there may be a deal around Black Friday in a couple of weeks. Be sure to have a referral code from someone before activating to get an extra $10 credit and sometimes that is bumped to $20 or $25.

AE_Collector

Need Help? Let's chat.