cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Problems from Petro Canada Mobility!

shikharm03
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have transferred my number over from PetroCanada Mobility using the Self-Serve options, and it worked out (I can send calls/texts, use data from my old number), however I still can't receive texts/phones - which I'm assuming means the port wasn't completed. I have also received texts from PublicMobile saying I need to complete the SIM & Activation online form, but I can't find it. 

I was hoping someone could help me figure out how to solve this quickly, I have messaged the  @Moderator_Team, but haven't received a response yet, but would like to solve this ASAP (this is becoming quite problematic as I am expecting some phone calls during this time which I can't receive). 

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6

dumbdobie1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm having difficulties porting my other number too. I PMed the mods a few days ago. I wish you luck as well in getting this resolved.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@shikharm03 wrote:

Hi, 

I called PetroCanada and they told me my phone number is my account number. If I wanted, could I go through the port number process again - but use IMEI this time? Or would that cause problems.

And also - are you stating that I should enter the IMEI into the "Account Number" field?

Thanks for your help!

Read the following thread on a success story porting Petro Canada number to PM using IMEI

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/From-Number-Port-Fail-to-Success-Story/m-p...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shikharm03- I *think* that what @popping meant - was to use the IMEI number in the IMEI number field (which should be one of the fields presented).

shikharm03
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I called PetroCanada and they told me my phone number is my account number. If I wanted, could I go through the port number process again - but use IMEI this time? Or would that cause problems.

And also - are you stating that I should enter the IMEI into the "Account Number" field?

Thanks for your help!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@shikharm03 wrote:

Hello,

I have transferred my number over from PetroCanada Mobility using the Self-Serve options, and it worked out (I can send calls/texts, use data from my old number), however I still can't receive texts/phones - which I'm assuming means the port wasn't completed. I have also received texts from PublicMobile saying I need to complete the SIM & Activation online form, but I can't find it. 

I was hoping someone could help me figure out how to solve this quickly, I have messaged the  @Moderator_Team, but haven't received a response yet, but would like to solve this ASAP (this is becoming quite problematic as I am expecting some phone calls during this time which I can't receive). 

Thank you!

Petro Canada Mobility does not have account number.  PM subscribers reported that using IMEI number together with your Petro Canada Mobility phone number works.  What did you provide to port your number?

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@shikharm03 wrote:

Hello,

Thank you!

@shikharm03

The message you recieved I believe indicates that the port failed...you have messaged the moderators so its a waiting game now unfortunately..

Need Help? Let's chat.