cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Phone #

jacquelinedara
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’ve recently activated my SIM card and called to cancel my current plan (With the other provider) but they said I need to have my number transferred over to Public (which I thought was done in store). How do I get my # transferred to close my current account successfully?

5 REPLIES 5

brandylynn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When you activated in the store to transfer your number, they should have confirmed your phone number to you at the time. If your account with your previous provider is closed then you cannot take your number anymore. you can try to reactivate with your previous provider just so you can try to transfer your number once more.

I hope all works out well for you.

edited by computergeek541: referrral code removed

@jacquelinedara 

If you have already activated your sim card and chosen a temporary number you will have to have a moderator port your number for you. Follow the instructions given by @Jb456   as to how to contact the moderators.

If Simon gives you the run around.....you can also send a private message thru your private messages by tagging the  @CS_Agent in the address bar. Put "port number" in the subject line and include the following info:

1. Full name, address, email and pin# and phone# of your pm account .
  2. Name, account #, provider, and phone # to be ported.

Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen  for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@jacquelinedara

also make sure your current device is unlocked, you can ask for the unlock code from your previous provider. if it's Telus or koodo there is no need

@jacquelinedara the port will close your account for you. It needs to be active to port.  Stay safe.  

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Yes you have to keep old provider account active to successfully port your number. The system will notify old provider that you ported and the account will be closed automatically.

Don't forget a referral code for a $10 signup bonus.

Here's how to port.

There have been issues with porting.  Here is what PM is recommending.

1. As a new customer, we recommend porting a number at activation with the exception of Koodo Prepaid customers. 
    • We have made some system enhancements to improve the success rate of this activity. So long as the correct information is entered, this process should be seamless
  2. All other customers: To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via Click this link  and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 
Need Help? Let's chat.