cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Number

bsquires
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, I am currently a rogers customer and I would like to switch over to one of your plans. I would like to get my current phone number transferred though, how do I go about doing that?

6 REPLIES 6

@bsquires, all you need is your Rogers' telephone number (still in service), your account number from your bill, and your Authorized account holder's name (usually your own).

Do not use IEMI, PIN, or anything else.  The more info you provide, the more chance of errors.

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
Once you have activated your new SIM card with Public Mobile you would do these steps:

Login to the Self Serve account:
1.Click on 'Plan and add ons'
2.Click on 'Change phone number'
3.Click on 'Transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider'
4.Check to see if your phone number is eligible  
You will need your Rogers Account Number and PIN number.

• cell to cell ports typically take up to 2 hours, the max 3-4 hours. Anything longer typically means a failed port. 
  • landline ports are up to 3 business days. 
  • Voip ports are longer and take 5-7 days (porting from US counts as Voip).

Do not cancel your Rogers account/plan until the port is complete. Continue to use your old Rogers SIM card until it stops working, then you will know PM has ported your number successfully and you can switch to the new SIM card.

Hope this helps!

txw427
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

get your Rogers account number from customer service first.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bsquires wrote:

Hi there, I am currently a rogers customer and I would like to switch over to one of your plans. I would like to get my current phone number transferred though, how do I go about doing that?

Login to your self-serve account and select [Plan and Add-Ons]--> [Change Phone Number] --> [Transfer a wireless or wireline number ] to port your Rogers number to PM.  It took me 30 minutes at midnight to compelte a number port from Rogers network.

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should send a private message to moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@bsquires wrote:

@bsquires  Click here and follow the instructions. There is also another article here that you can use as a reference.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@bsquiresOnce you set up your SIM card. Just go to this link. 
It will ask for your Rogers number.. enter it and check eligibility.. it should be pretty self explanatory. however do prepare your Roger's account number, PIN etc to enter so Public Mobile and initiate the transfer for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.