cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer In

ross_smu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried porting my number to Public Mobile from Eastlink. I didn’t reply to Eastlink’s text message within 90 minutes so they rejected the transfer. Eastlink now wants me to reinitiate the transfer. How do I do that?

7 REPLIES 7

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ross_smu 

Did you leave the Eastlink SIM in the phone while waiting for the SMS text?

You need to do this first and when you confirm with YES then power off the phone and switch to the PM SIM.

Click on a CS Agent to restart the porting process by clicking on the SIMon chat button and type in Create a Ticket for the CS Agent to help you. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@ross_smu wrote:

I sent you porting support number. Check your mail...

Yummy_0-1634057745978.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ross_smu 

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

Good luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy...

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@ross_smu   instead of opening a ticket with PM, try to call the porting support team first, they will advise the current status and will re-trigger the SMS process.   (I guess you got the number already from other members above?)    Just make sure this time you put your Eastlink SIM in a phone, powered on and reply .

After replying the test, the port should completed within 2 hours.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

start a conversation with  virtual assistant, SIMon to submit a ticket to our Customer Support Agents by clicking here.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@ross_smu wrote:

I tried porting my number to Public Mobile from Eastlink. I didn’t reply to Eastlink’s text message within 90 minutes so they rejected the transfer. Eastlink now wants me to reinitiate the transfer. How do I do that?

@ross_smu Contact CS via:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Type "port in" and follow the prompts.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ross_smu 

Did Eastlink indicate why the request was rejected?  You can try and reply again that sometimes will re-initiate the transfer request.  Alternatively, try to go online in Self Serve to see if you can re-initiate the transfer.

Porting is a "pull" request by the new provider (ie. Public Mobile to pull it from Eastlink) - I'll send you a private message with a phone number to call if you're still having issues, only for Porting issues.

Oh, and...

Welcome to the Public Mobile Community!  🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.